x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How do I make a backup image of Unbranded 7" Netbook?

1 2
pnoy Page Icon Posted 2010-11-06 1:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is there any other backup restore aside from ezbookpc? It mess up my system after doing the recovery. It aways says that I have to replace battery and shuts down after 50sec even though it still has 75% of battery life. this happens after doing the recovery.
 Top of the page
tlgalenson Page Icon Posted 2010-12-25 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

pnoy - 2010-11-06 7:32 AM

Is there any other backup restore aside from ezbookpc? It mess up my system after doing the recovery. It aways says that I have to replace battery and shuts down after 50sec even though it still has 75% of battery life. this happens after doing the recovery.

This looks like it might be identical to the Sylvania Netbook at the hardware level. I installed something that called itself "Smart Book" during its boot up and it immediately said my battery was almost out of power even though I thought I had it fully charged.

If, infact, it is identical to the Sylvania Netbook, you can try using their OS upgrade. Please note, the upgrade is media oriented and has none of the business software on there although it does have MS Office reader software. Pword/Pocket Word can be re-installed from another source and there appears to be a competent spreadsheet for it too.

Anyway check: www.digitalgadgets.com for the upgrade.

HTH's

Tom M

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 3:13 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tlgalenson - 2010-12-25 8:38 PM

pnoy - 2010-11-06 7:32 AM

This looks like it might be identical to the Sylvania Netbook at the hardware level. I installed something that called itself "Smart Book" during its boot up and it immediately said my battery was almost out of power even though I thought I had it fully charged.

If, infact, it is identical to the Sylvania Netbook, you can try using their OS upgrade. Please note, the upgrade is media oriented and has none of the business software on there although it does have MS Office reader software. Pword/Pocket Word can be re-installed from another source and there appears to be a competent spreadsheet for it too.

Anyway check: www.digitalgadgets.com for the upgrade.

HTH's

Tom M

not necessarily identical... compared to certain unbranded CE5 netbooks, sylvania has CE6, a bit faster CPU, etc.
 Top of the page
steven craft
steven craft Page Icon Posted 2011-03-08 2:49 AM
#
how do i reboot my ezbook/erace harddrive to factory settings /my ezbook has gotten so slow want to erace to factory settings
 Top of the page
steven craft
steven craft Page Icon Posted 2011-03-08 2:54 AM
#
technogeist2k9 - 2010-09-04 12:48 PM

In another thread which I can't seem to find again. Rich Hawley said that he had removed the illegal software from his 7" netbook, ie. Softmaker Office etc.

How can I make a backup image of my no name 7" netbook (EZBOOK), and remove the unwanted stuff?

I have CE Builder 6 already, so I have the tools to edit the image, but I have never done this before so would like further advice before attempting anything.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
jumpjack Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

otoluk - 2010-09-05 1:31 AM

I think there are no anyka 7" with WinCE6. Neverless you can dump ROM using grabit_armv4.exe and then try

technogeist2k9 - 2010-09-05 2:29 PM

Ebay (UK) itemID: 280525924215

VIA 8500

My device states that it is
CE6 Build 3122.

System info reads:
ANYKA, BSP04700-Nboot05306

Same here.
This is my device:
http://www.efox-shop.com/e-book-leseger-t-7-zoll-touchscreen-ceb8808we-wifi-china-pocket-jetbook-windows-ce-system-p-97084

What about the onboard SW for ebook reading? I don't like it, it rotates the screen in landscape for reading! I want to read in portrait mode! Can it be updated? How does it work for installing new programs in WinCE?
 Top of the page
jumpjack Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 9:21 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

By the way, I can I know the hardware of my device?

About the SW, it should be this:
ShiOiang WnpyCab

I think version is 0.9.1240 ; but what does "hw version 1.4" means?!? It appears in settings screen of the program itself.

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11