x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Replacement 80 key keyboard for Shenzhen Ebook Electronics BL-07 (WM8505)

que Page Icon Posted 2010-09-20 4:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Anyone know where I can get a replacement keyboard for the BL-07 from Shenzhen Ebook Electronics?. I have tried contacting the manufacturer themselves, but they're chinese and I don't expect to get an answer. These keyboards must be pretty generic, they've got a 28 line ribbon cable on them, 80 keys and 8 x 3 1/4 inch in dimension.

Cheers
 Top of the page
que Page Icon Posted 2010-09-21 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Cool, right I've had a hunt around the interwebs and turned up quite a few things. Seems like pretty much most of these netbooks are produced by companies in the Shenzhen region of China. I got a quote of a different company for 28USD for a replacement, which I thought was a bit steep considering you can pick these netbooks up reasonabley cheap (they didn't know my location, the shipping fee was as much as the keyboard). Anyway, after further investigation I came across that you can buy keyboards for the tablet versions of the WM8505, suprise suprise they're exactly the same keyboard and all roughly around 28USD (20GBP). Considering how nasty these keyboards are, I'm tempted to just buy a decent USB keyboard for around the same price which isn't going to bugger up because the quality of the manufacturing of the keyboard membrane matrix means the lines can pretty much turn to dust. Although, if anyone spots a plastic surround version of the tablet keyboards for around 10GBP, please post it, I think I could probably live with that price.
 Top of the page
que Page Icon Posted 2010-09-26 2:02 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Bought a mini USB keyboard from Play for a tenner w/free delivery, far better quality keyboard and it'll make do until the original keyboards come down in price.

Edited by que 2010-09-26 2:03 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9