x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PC card slot spring

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2010-10-08 12:52 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I noticed today that the door on the PCMCIA slot on the side of my MP790 doesn't close properly. It's because the spring isn't keeping it closed. I think that the spring just slipped off or something inside and I need to re-attach it. There are nine screws on the bottom of the computer. I have never opened it up before, so I need guidance. Is there a right way to open it. I have attached a picture of the bottom. If some of the screws are attached to internal things instead of the other half of the casing, could you let me know or edit the picture and re-post it? I don't want to disconnect anything. Also, is there anything extra that holds the casing together? What I am asking is are there any wires running from top to bottom that would not permit me to open it all the way, or possibly some clips that hold the thing together? Can I even access the inside of the PCMCIA slot if I take it apart? I am being really cautious, as you can see, because I would not want to end up damaging it. I am very hygienic with my electronics and I usually don't let anyone touch them. I am always trying to keep my old ones clean and stuff like that, which is why I can't stand such a small thing as the PCMCIA door not shutting closed. I need help because I also avoid having to take them apart. *shivers*

(scan0021.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments scan0021.jpg (87KB - 4 downloads)
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-10-08 5:15 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

There are also 2 screws that you need to remove that you can't see hidden behind the battery. Once you remove it, you can see them.

First time disassembly is a pain in the A _ _...but with practice it becomes simple. I can pull a 7X0 series Mobilepro apart in less than 5 minutes and reassemble it in the same time....then again I've done several hundred now.

Go to my website and go to the 790 section and review the complete disassembly guide I wrote on the 790 to take it apart....it's titled "Repair Guides"
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.169 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9