x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SIMpad bought from EbAy (from Buddify) died!

Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 3:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've only had it a couple of days. Have not tried to "flash" it to some other CE or Linux. I got my wireless card working with it perfectly after installing the drivers.
Anyway, it HAS been seizing up occasionally for no apparent reason and then today when it seized up and I tried to do a "reset", the reset didn't work. I then tried the second type of reset as in the manual. THAT didn't work. Went to the third "hard reset" option in the manual and still no checkerboard startup screen.

The on/off button does nothing and the screen is blank. The only thing that shows signs of life is that the battery orange light goes on when I plug in the AC adapter. No green light whatsoever.

Help!

I guess a fool and her money are soon parted.

Edit: Now the orange light doesn't go on either...

Edited by Tombraider 2005-06-26 3:53 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 4:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tombraider - 2005-06-26 1:49 PM

I've only had it a couple of days. Have not tried to "flash" it to some other CE or Linux. I got my wireless card working with it perfectly after installing the drivers.
Anyway, it HAS been seizing up occasionally for no apparent reason and then today when it seized up and I tried to do a "reset", the reset didn't work. I then tried the second type of reset as in the manual. THAT didn't work. Went to the third "hard reset" option in the manual and still no checkerboard startup screen.

The on/off button does nothing and the screen is blank. The only thing that shows signs of life is that the battery orange light goes on when I plug in the AC adapter. No green light whatsoever.

Help!

I guess a fool and her money are soon parted.

Edit: Now the orange light doesn't go on either...

You may want to try press and holding the lowest button (keyboard quickkey) while pressing reset. This should do a hard reset or something. But may take quite awhile for first startup.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 5:57 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks...I tried that...tried all the hard reset maneuvers. It's still dead as a door nail.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 6:33 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

uh, so sorry to hear this!
try taking the battery out (and backup batt if it has any) and leave it there for a day.. usually this is the last resort
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 10:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Tombraider - 2005-06-26 3:57 PM

Thanks...I tried that...tried all the hard reset maneuvers. It's still dead as a door nail.

Bet you have not tried this:

1. Start HyperTerminal (the Terminal that is on drugs)
2. Configure it for 115200,8N1,Xon/Xoff
3. Connect Serial cable to SL4 and PC
4. Power up SL4 and/or press reset button.

See what comes out of HT. Also try the keyboard-quickkey button+reset combo. This should bring you to a bootloader rom screen on the HT.

If this works, you can proceed to flash in CE.NET 4.1 or hpc2k rom image. If not, you may want to start contacting the ebayer.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 1:31 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks, Snappy...actually I DID try that and got nothing at all in Hyperterminal - somebody on another forum advised me to try that. The funny thing is that when I connect the SiMpad and have ActiveSYnc on, the green animation shows the ActiveSync recognizes SOMETHING is coming from the SIMpad but it can't connect, but when I turn off ActiveSYnc and try to connect through Hyperterminal, I get nothing. (I went to running processes and shut down ActiveSync besides shutting it off through its interface.)

You see, there is no green light - nothing whatsoever going on on the device - it's dead as a door nail.

Ah, it's all a moot question now anyway...Buddify is sending me a replacement SIMpad - his last one that is one that he has been using so he knows it works. What a relief! I was really disheartened.

Of course my husband is making jokes about females breaking electronic devices, but I choose to ignore it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

naah, tell your husband that he's greatly mistaken. for one, i've never broken any electronic devices or w/e

anyway, good to hear that your problem has been solved!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 2:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

<no comment>

I'm glad you got it fixed. (and by fixed I mean found an amicable solution)
 Top of the page
NightLord
NightLord Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 9:21 AM
#

Bet you have not tried this:

1. Start HyperTerminal (the Terminal that is on drugs)
2. Configure it for 115200,8N1,Xon/Xoff
3. Connect Serial cable to SL4 and PC
4. Power up SL4 and/or press reset button.

You need to configure it for 38 400 bps, and NOT 115 200, and hardware flow control!
Dont you see anything in hyperterminal with the right config?
And bz the way, turn off activsync s serial port probing while using hyperterminal on the same port..
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 10:12 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Nightlord:

Yeah, I did use 38 400 bps because that's what the other instructions said. And I did have ActiveSync disabled AND I killed in through alt ctrl del.

Still nothing.

I'll be interested to find out if Buddify is able to resurrect it when he gets it, but I don't think so.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 11:23 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thrillho,

For some reason I'm unable to send out messages from within the private message utility here. They get stuck in my outbox so I hope you follow this thread and read here:

Buddify is only sending me the SIMpad itself and none of the other ancillary items so he told me to just send the Simpad and keep the power supply and cable and other stuff. So I won't have an extra power supply.

Sorry.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 2:07 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Messages stay in the outbox until picked up by the recipient
 Top of the page
NightLord
NightLord Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 3:39 PM
#
Tombraider - 2005-06-28 10:12 AM

Nightlord:

Yeah, I did use 38 400 bps because that's what the other instructions said. And I did have ActiveSync disabled AND I killed in through alt ctrl del.

Still nothing.

I'll be interested to find out if Buddify is able to resurrect it when he gets it, but I don't think so.

If there realy is no output in hyperterminal, then chances are high that it realy has some serous problems, probrably unrecoverable ones.
 Top of the page
thrillho Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 6:18 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, mine's on it's way from Buddify. Hope it's not your DEAD one!!!

thanks for the reply.

Anyone know where i can get replacement power supply, either OEM or universal? from what i've heard, it's an odd type (12v - 3300mva).
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 2:16 AM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2005-06-28 11:07 AM

Messages stay in the outbox until picked up by the recipient

Just imagine an office without the messengers
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.312 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10