x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-26 11:47 PM
#
I have a Jornada 680 and the latest release of activesync 3.x and wanted to know if it is possible to have a folder on a cf card sync instead of (or if not, in additional to) my docs in the main memory, as my required daily files require too much space to fit in main memory... i have searched through the forums and i came up dry... any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 12:41 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Use regedit
go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Ce services\Partners\<your partner ID here>\services\synchonization

change the string named "DeviceSyncFolder" to whichever you see fit, then restart AS and sync

Hope this helps

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-27 12:44 AM
 Top of the page
Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 2:53 AM
#
hmmm... not working. is there something in the registry on the device as well perhaps?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 5:24 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry, i forgot.
There's also a key in HPC's registry
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services
The key is called "FileSyncPath"
 Top of the page
Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 7:20 PM
#
tried that, thought i had it working... it sees the files, but then it refuses to sync them almost as if it was a permissions issue... if i create a file, it semi - syncs (copies the file over to the other machine... either way, tried both directions) but refuses to do anything beyond acknowledging that the file has indeed changed. when i re edit the registries on both machines to the original values, it all syncs perfectly. i'm a little peeved at the situation but figure that i am doing something wrong. any ideas on this, or should i stick with a manual sync via the file explore button?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 10:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I tried it yesterday and i could move files between both. i dunno what is the problem. can you tell me what directory do you have in sync?

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-27 11:00 PM
 Top of the page
Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 12:09 AM
#
\storage card2\synchronized files i think it was... i spent a good 2 and a half hours (and even a couple of computer reboots and 680 soft resets) trying to get it to work, trying different combinations and checking spellings, before i gave up in utter disgust and reverted back to the original values. perhaps it doesn't like my cf card. thats the only thing i can think of
 Top of the page
gsgmx
gsgmx Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 10:46 AM
#
Hi

i have similar problems ...

removed the partnership between PC an Jornada.

chged reg key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services\FileSyncPath to my new Sync dir which is named
\Sync

Then i create a new partnership to the PC.
It automatically uses this new sync path in its own reg settings (seems to read them from the device) and all works fine, sync in both directions is okay.

Now for the CF. I have a german Jornada, so storage card is Speicherkarte.

Remove partnership, change reg on Jornada to
\Speicherkarte\Sync
Looks fine too.
Acticve Sync sends changes on the PC to the Jornada but can't replicate back, PC seems not to be able to read the sync dir on the Jornada, as it neither gets changed or new files from the Jornada.
I tried all possible variations, first also
\Speicherkarte\Eigene Dateien\Synchronisierte Dateien,
later \storage card\....

no go!

Anybody any ideas?

Thx George
 Top of the page
gsgmx
gsgmx Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 12:48 PM
#
looking further thru the net i found a good description of what goes wrong:

http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3565.html

i have the same problems, no sync back, all times all desktop files are regarded new ....

George

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 27