x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 720 IR Beaming to PDA

lotec Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 3:05 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi! I have never beamed any files to a PDA using the 720 before so I tried it today and it didn't work? I beamed a document from the 720 to a windows mobile 5 device and waited for the file to transfer over but nothing happened. The device just sat there with no messages indicating it was receiving the IR signal. Then I tried to beam a file from the PDA to the 720 but again, nothing.

Is this supposed to happen? Or is my IR not functioning properly?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 5:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Not having a Windows Mobile device newer than WM 2003 SE, I can't say for sure, but I believe you have to enable Infrared Receive. In WM 2003 SE, you open Settings and go to the Connections tab. You then tap on the Beam icon, and a page will appear with a hyperlink on the bottom to enable receiving an IR beam from an H/PC.
 Top of the page
lotec Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 6:36 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I just went into the beam settings and enabled the beam receive but it still does not pick up anything from the 720. Anyway, thanks for your help! Maybe someone with a newer device might be able to confirm the problem.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 11:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The issue is one of incompatible protocols.

The H/PC uses a protocol called IrSquirt while most of the rest of the universe use a protocol called IrOBEX. If the 720's beam to non Windows CE device doesn't work you'll want to try Total Commander or a program called IrOBEX.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-10-21 7:18 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As I mentioned above, there is a separate IR connection option in WM 2003 SE for connecting with H/PCs (and Pocket PC 2000 devices). Was that option dropped in later WM devices?

Anyway, C:Amie's option is better in either event.
 Top of the page
lotec Page Icon Posted 2010-10-23 5:35 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2010-10-21 7:18 PM

As I mentioned above, there is a separate IR connection option in WM 2003 SE for connecting with H/PCs (and Pocket PC 2000 devices). Was that option dropped in later WM devices?

Anyway, C:Amie's option is better in either event.

I believe you are correct, the option to receive incoming beams from H/PCs on my WM5 device is no where to be found. The only option available in Settings>Connections>Beam is to check on or off the "Receive all incoming beams" option.

Using Total Commander, it worked. The PPC was able to accept the IR file transfer so the problem has been solved!

Thanks all for your help!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 23 - Executed queries : 51