x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CF Card to CF Card via Network

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 2:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Here's an obscure problem I stumbled on and I post it out of curiosity more that anything else:

Wirelessly networking b/w my J-720 and my Dell laptop, I decided to copy some files from my J's CF card (Sandisk 1 gb) to my SHARED CF card in my Dell.

Couldn't do it: the transfer asked me if I wanted to replace the file already stored on the Dell CF card (Viking 256mb), which was weird b/c there was no corresponding file, but I said sure, go ahead--then the menu said the copy could not be completed.

When I tried to move a doc from the J's RAM to the Dell's CF card, I got the same series of errors. Yet transferring FROM the Dell's CF card to my J was no problem.

It's not a big deal, it's just strange--can anybody else replicate this error?

Jake
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 12:03 PM
#
On your 256MB CF card I would check and make sure it is not set at something like "safe" or the "write protected" mode or whatever (little switch somewhere on the card).

If that doesn't work what you can do on your Dell would be to backup the card, format it with FAT and then copy your stuff back to it. Maybe somehow you formated the card with NTFS (is this doable?) and the J720 probably won't like it being NTFS.

Over the shared stuff make sure you have the write access to "change my files".
It is a little check box under the sharing & security tab. If that ain't checked well then nobody is writing anything to your CF card.

I have seen one thing, some CF cards are just plain ol' cheap and one of mine *ate* itself and melted inside my camera or something. So maybe your card is just going to hell.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 1:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

The underlaying filesystem has nothing to do when accessing it via LAN. wince doesn't care if the CF card in your dell is NTFS, FAT16 or FAT32, it'll read it the same way.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 4:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
>> Over the shared stuff make sure you have the write access to "change my files". <<

That was the problem. Damn, am I stupid.

But thanks for pointing it out

Jake
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:00 AM
#
It happens.

I do it all the time with my network
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8