x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pin layout of the Intermec 6651

theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 5:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The Intermec has a connexion for the serial and vga port in one, this is an 18 pins connector. Does anyone know which pins are for the vga port, and how to connect them??
I've opened the connector for synchronisation, and I can make easy a vga port on the connector, but I don't know the pin layout of it. Does anyone know this pin layout??

this two pictures I've made:

Edited by theodouma 2005-06-27 5:18 PM

(DSCF0161.JPG)

(DSCF0158.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCF0161.JPG (35KB - 37 downloads)
Attachments DSCF0158.JPG (85KB - 30 downloads)
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Is there nobody who can help me making a vga cable for the INtermec 6651???

Is there maybe someone who has such cable anyway and want to open it and shares the pin layout of that cable??
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Do you have the serial cable for the device? You could alwyas use that to see which line(s) are the serial interface, and which are the VGA. I wish I could help more, I am stuck in a similar rut with my Clio and it's proprietary link cable :-P Why do they do this to us, man? :-P
 Top of the page
wingman Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:32 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have one of the Intermec cables (actually Sharp HC-RG01). I did not open it up but ohm'd it out and created the table below. I hope I did not miss one!

Situating the Intermec cable connector so that I am looking into it and the metal contact pins are towards the top, I called the right-most pin "pin 1" of the 18 pin connector. The left-most pin is of course pin 18. The VGA pin designation is standard.

VGA Intermec Signal

1 1 red
2 2 green
3 3 blue
4 NC NC
5 5,6,7,8 analog ground
6 4,16 red return (ground)
7 4,16 green return (gound)
8 4,16 blue return (ground)
9 NC +5 volts
10 5,6,7,8 analog ground
11 NC NC
12 NC SDA (DDC Data)
13 17 Horizontal Sync
14 18 Vertical Sync
15 NC SCL (DDC Clock)

Good luck ... that is one very small connector! I would speculate that you would need to have the serial lines disconnected or or isolated in some way for the VGA to work properly. I purchased my cable in Japan ad have never seen one in the US or UK for sale. I've used the cable several times and when running power point (who does that?) you can get the full 800X600 capability of the 6651 on the screen. It looks every bit as good as a desktop PC. I've tried tinkering with the registry to get the 800X600 output to work with other applications, however, no luck there.

Please let us know how your cable turns out. You certainly have some soldering to do! It is getting late so I'll apologize in advance if I made a mistake in the table above.
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 5:44 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Pete P. - 2005-06-30 4:05 AM

Do you have the serial cable for the device? You could alwyas use that to see which line(s) are the serial interface, and which are the VGA. I wish I could help more, I am stuck in a similar rut with my Clio and it's proprietary link cable :-P Why do they do this to us, man? :-P

I have the original serial cable for the 6651. If I open the connector @ the 6651 side I see the connector which I've made a photo of. At this connector there are a lof of unused pinns, and they are for a vga cable. I don't want to buy a 50 dollar cable if I have all the components at home to make one
 Top of the page
theodouma Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 5:59 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wingman - 2005-06-30 5:32 AM

I have one of the Intermec cables (actually Sharp HC-RG01). I did not open it up but ohm'd it out and created the table below. I hope I did not miss one!

(...)

Please let us know how your cable turns out. You certainly have some soldering to do! It is getting late so I'll apologize in advance if I made a mistake in the table above.

maybe a weard question, but if I look at my 6651 connector (see photo), I see that pin 7 and 16 of the connector is already used. If I look to the uppest photo in the startpost, the most left pin is pin 1, and the most right is 18
_2_4_6
1_3_5_7

IF I can make the vga cable working, I will report it And the soldering, I hope I can do it, I have a small soldering iron (8 Watt) and soldering expirience (only not with such small components )

Edited by theodouma 2005-06-30 6:02 PM
 Top of the page
wingman
wingman Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 6:35 PM
#
You might try this: plug the connector into the 6651 but leave the 9-pin serial connection unplugged (open). Using an ohmmeter, check to see if there is zero ohms between pins 5 and 7 or 6 and 7 or 8 and 7. If any or all are true simply leave pin 7 out of your VGA adaption. Similarly for pin 16. If you read zero ohms between 4 and 16, just use pin 4 only for 6 ,7 and 8. Leave 16 out of it. You MIGHT get a little video noise in this case but you will just have to try it and see. I suggest that you use shielded cable to your VGA connector or use an old cable from a VGA monitor that already has shielded cable in it. Center leads to 1,2, and 3 and shields to pin 4.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12