x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Some J720 Problems

chosen85 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-07 3:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've got one just a few days ago. It's hinge on the left side where is the hp logo was so loose that the display was jiggling. Yesterday i tried to fix it. Pulled the battery out and surprise , a screw came out on the carpet. there are 2 screws there and they were losse and my hinge was actually suported by plastic. I put the screwws back, but somehow (that is me) i wasn't happy with the result, significant better now but since i don't know hot tight is the hinge in a new one i began to disassembly the jornada. I rushed up on tsis without dowbloading the tutorials so I brake some plastics there. :|

That is me, yhe unit was sealed so it was never been opened since 12.12.2000. But I have this curiosity to open everything.

1: The arched "C" shape plastic which has the LED notification, has some plastic clips, i broke one from left, one from right and chipped a litle bit the 2 ones from the middle.
In my operation i did things worse, so the hinge eas worse now not doing a complete smooth open, so i opened everything, put the tutorial but i lost that plastic things.
Now the jornada when it's closed has a 5mm or maye less loose, i mean i can easyly lift the jornada for 2-5 mm without finding resistance, i am quite happy with that, how is yours? it puts resistance right from the start?

The the repercusions of braking that plastic clips:
Sometimes i hear the plastic sound when opening the jornada.
In the right part, - hinge wich is not a hinge is just a black plastic with the flex ribbon on it jiggles. how much? not much
reasons: 1: broke the plastic clip wich holds the C shape plastic on the other parts of the unit so it is visible
2: I don't know :| beying so concentrated on the left hinge maybe i didn't observe this jiggle from the first time. To explayn. Assuming that the jigle of the display in the right part of the hinge is due to the reason nr. 1 stated above, I pressed and held the C hsape plastic with strength and in the same time with the other hand i tryed to see if it's moving again: Yes it does, not that much but it does.
And my question is: how is yours? is it normal? the left side is like a rock. it won't move , Did i lost a piece of something?
What do you recomend for the plastic clips on the C shapped arch? replacing it with a new one or glueing it or other options?
And if i do so, will it be normal to still have a small jiggle?

2nd problem, the KB conector, I broke a plastic white from the connector slot. I didn;t knew how to open it and i torn it on the right side (not the brown closing one but a small piece og white plastic)

when reassambling there was no problem, but i hope not to fall out from the rigt side.
should I worry?

3 probllem: sometimes the touchscreen is going crazy. For example: I press X (close) doesn't responds, I pres my documents the touch shows that i touched on Word icon and so on. I hear the touch sound, the diagnosis says that is ok,
Soft reset- won;t change a thing

Hard reset: YES
I thought that is the backup battery, it is not present, but what;s the point? I don't think so.

Now it's working since the last h reset a hour ago.

4: it;s related to soft: It;s in german i want it in english. :|

Thanks for reading this

another one

5: The display. Since i don't know how a new display is...i ask..mine has a darked colour on top qne on the right and left. it's like a contour, and overall the quality is poor. i mean is not like mirror but i guess it's normal

Edited by chosen85 2010-11-07 3:58 PM
 Top of the page
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-07 9:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have a J720 that you could use to repair your own. There is a video on this site, that shows how to take apart J720 (without breaking it).

PM me if you would like it. (just pay the carriage costs - the machine is gratis)
 Top of the page
oxid Page Icon Posted 2011-02-26 3:26 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

yeah this dude sold the jornada "as new" and ripped off someone. Saw his post a while ago, too bad i couldn't warn the buyer.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 11