x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Looking for NiMH AA Rechargables with solder tags

1 2
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-19 7:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich Hawley - 2010-11-19 6:09 PM

Try simple furniture wax and a soft cotton rag. Sometimes just a simple new screen protector will give it a "like new" appearance.

You really have to be careful about putting anything on a capacitive type screen or you mess with the electronics. Most HPCs use resistive screens however, which is much more forgiving.

I was thinking more in the way of transparent filler. Like what some CD repair kits use.

Displex comes up a lot in other forums on scratch repair, but it's not been verified (or recommended) for touch screens.

Edited by technogeist2k9 2010-11-19 8:18 PM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2010-11-20 12:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Always wondered if the CD repair kits would work, but never had the nerve to try and see...might ruin the touchscreen...
 Top of the page
technogeist2k9 Page Icon Posted 2010-11-20 8:32 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rich Hawley - 2010-11-20 12:08 PM

Always wondered if the CD repair kits would work, but never had the nerve to try and see...might ruin the touchscreen...

If I can locate some large(ish) screen protectors, maybe I'll be able to get around the main problem of stylus hitting a scratch, and causing a major glitch in my note taking/sketching. With backlighting on, the scratches aren't very noticeable.

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2010-11-20 10:58 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Try here:

http://www.nushield.com/

I've seen some others on eBay as well that claim to be suitable for MobilePros all the way up to the 880.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 44 - Executed queries : 26