x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Linksys WCF54G 802.11G CF WiFi Card

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 8:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I know the Linksys WCF54G was discussed briefly in another thread, but since this is my first experience, I thought I'd start a new one so I wouldn't confuse the topics.

I've installed the card on my Mobilepro and connected to the internet, but all is not well. Read about it here...and afterwards, if you have any advice...I'm all ears.

http://www.hpcnec.com/802g.htm

Rich
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 8:22 PM
#
FWIW, I think you're at max speed of your MB, regardless of B or G card. I get 300Kb/s more or less tops from my 206mhz arm machine when using a wired 10mbps card.

Old adage, just because it's a G card doesn't mean G speeds if yer cpu is maxed out at 100% using B gear.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-06-27 8:40 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well Wally, I agree in principle that you will reach a point where you can process data only so quickly, so feeding it faster won't help any. But I would think that at 400mHz that I might see at least some difference.

But you did give me an idea and I tried my same download benchmark using my Socket LP/E card...it averaged 332kb/sec, which is barely over the speed of my wifi card.

The fact that I cannot connect at all at the 54mb/sec is what is limiting my current thoroughput to at least a minor extent.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2005-06-27 8:58 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.109 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8