x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 WinCore.cpp Line 986

dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 7:47 AM
#
Hi,
I have been developing on and off with Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 for some time now. I have successfully installed the development IDE and got some programs (at 1st generated by the Project Wizard) running in Emulation. There were no problems at first.

Very recently, and seemingly for no reason at all, I am getting an assertion on Line 986 of WinCore.cpp. This happens even for brand new programs generated by Embedded Visual C++.

I have read the readme text file (for some older Windows CE 2.11 platforms) that warns that certain MFC samples may produce this effect but what is strange is that at first this problem did NOT occur with my programs. Then suddenly, it started.

Anyone else come across this problem? Is there a work around? It is a pain to be clearing assertion dialogs when you are trying to debug a program.

Any comments or experience in installing Embedded Visual C++ 3.0 and developing in this environment would be appreciated.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 8:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

For me, I just click, ok, ok, ok, ok ... mostly, I just run it in release mode for testing ... will let you know if I find something. Is there a service pack somewhere?

Download embedded Visual tools 3.0 2002 edition

Order CDROM for embedded Visual tools 3.0 2002 edition

Not sure if it solves the problem, but it could!

Edited by Snappy! 2005-06-28 8:49 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 9:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It's a known problem with certain MFC calls when in debug mode. If you run it through release, it wont complain.

This even happens in Visual Studio 7.
 Top of the page
dgt123
dgt123 Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 5:12 AM
#
Thanks for your information.

Just to add, the 2002 edition has the same problem. So, I will click, click click!

*or* just avoid MFC???

Thanks all.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8