x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 10:07 AM
#
I'm trying to refit a custom skin I made for my Ipaq and use it for my MP900. I just have one problem. I do not want any of the optional buttons, meter or symbols on the taskbar, but prefer to use the native ones.

On an Ipaq or any other PDA, this is a simple matter of using the Wisbar configuration program to configure these buttons not to show.

Only problem is that the configuration program does not run on the HPC. So I need to find a way of manually deselecting or configuring the program not to display these items.

I have posted the same questions in the Wisbar forum and have sent an email to the programmer(s) to find a solution.

Seems if you do not have a PDA, they don’t give a leap about you.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Elite

DataHaunt - 2005-06-28 9:07 AM

I'm trying to refit a custom skin I made for my Ipaq and use it for my MP900. I just have one problem. I do not want any of the optional buttons, meter or symbols on the taskbar, but prefer to use the native ones.

On an Ipaq or any other PDA, this is a simple matter of using the Wisbar configuration program to configure these buttons not to show.

Only problem is that the configuration program does not run on the HPC. So I need to find a way of manually deselecting or configuring the program not to display these items.

I have posted the same questions in the Wisbar forum and have sent an email to the programmer(s) to find a solution.

Seems if you do not have a PDA, they don’t give a leap about you.

Any ideas?

in your hpc, open a registry editor and go to
HKCU\Software\WIS\WIS Bar
you'll find 4 subkeys, named icon(0-3)

you can either change the string named "File" so that it will point to a bitmap that blends with your skin's background or change the binary "Display" to 0

about the batt meter and stuff, i do not know for sure, but play with the strings and binaries found in the parent key (WIS Bar)

Hope this helps

BTW - There IS a version of wisbar whose setup runs in an HPC, PM cmonex, she may help you.
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 2:05 PM
#
Excellent. Thank you for the pointers and the PM contact. I guess when I’m done, I’ll post the skin on the forum if anyone is interested.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 3:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes i'm interested in the skin , you can post it either here or in the skinning topic made for this purpose.
oh and if you don't know how to set a taskbar skin in wisbar, etc., i can help. it isn't obvious for the first time, at least it wasn't for me.
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 4:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm glad it worked out for you!
 Top of the page
DataHaunt
DataHaunt Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 1:30 PM
#
Cmonex’s program did the trick.

Over the years I have used Gigabar, Dashboard and WisBar/WB Advanced. I prefer Dashboard, but it does not operate on the HPC.

This is the first draft of the skin. I still have to work out some design glitches I see and check into disabling some un-needed features. Still, I don’t think it is all that bad considering the original skin is off my laptop.

I've also been busy getting some of my favorite desktop backgrounds into a usable format for my HPC. I've sent HPCFactor the ones I've done so far. More to come for sure.

(ScrSnap002a.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments ScrSnap002a.bmp (63KB - 44 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 5:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you want some help testing, just let me know.
I have WB standard and advance
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 5:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'm glad that it worked for you!!

and the draft looks nice
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10