x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HTML editor needed for HPC2000

1 2 3
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

chiark, take it easy, Mr I-Luv-vi, when did I say Notepad is better than vi? It sure has an easier learning curve to me!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 12:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I was going to say
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:12 PM
#
We all know real men use vi, my friends
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:20 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rather fortunate for cmonex then, who to my knowledge, doesn't
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ok ok ... time for a vi vs notepad poll ...
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 2:48 PM
#
C:Amie - 2005-07-20 12:20 PM

Rather!

And snappy,

vi vs notepad, eh? Now you're going cross platform, the epic battle has always been vi vs emacs *glares at emacs*

Edited by corporate 2005-07-20 2:50 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-07-20 8:20 PM

i don't even know what kind of animal vi is! (ok, i have a guess what it could be )
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-20 7:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

corporate - 2005-07-20 12:48 PM

C:Amie - 2005-07-20 12:20 PM

Rather!
And snappy,

vi vs notepad, eh? Now you're going cross platform, the epic battle has always been vi vs emacs *glares at emacs*

hahaha ... ya, you can imagine how I had to transfer the code from notepad to the unix environment back and forth!!

And yes, its always been vi vs emacs or other *nix editor. This is much like how linux was meant to give uni folks access to a cheap alternate to UNIX, but now the fight seem to have steered towards linux vs Windows. oh well ...
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 2:50 AM
#
Julio,
I'm looking forward to checking out H-bomb version 1.3.1, when you have it ready for distribution.

I guess uppercase tags will work okay. All of the HTML that I have done has been lowercase thus far, so its a matter of consistency. Are there any potential problems with mixing upper/lower case on some systems (such as Linux)?

As several have pointed out in this thread, it is possible to do HTML in a text editor. But an HTML editor can save a lot of keystrokes, and eliminate quite a few errors, by filling in code automatically.

Thanks for the work you've put into this program.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 5:36 AM
#
I know this is slightly off-topic, but:
* What platforms is "H-Bomb" available for?
* Where can H-Bomb be downloaded from and/or more information obtained?

Although I am unlikely to have a regular need for such a program, it would be handy to be armed with this program and information for when the appropriate situation arose (besides, this information is likely to be invaluable to others)...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 7:57 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dave Wurm,
I have the new version in my mail box very soon, I just have to bundle them into the redist and they'll be up on the site.

Cyba,
H-Bomb is redistributed exclucivly through HPC:Factor, and you can find it in the downloads section.
Or here http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=100

Julio,
How aobut impliementing a new toolbar button on H-Bomb which grabs the entire / highlighted text control string, pull out the html syntax list (anything between < and > and runs it over LCase()
and another with UCase()
It's not ideal, but it'd let people have lower case if they run it on save.

Or! have it as a check box option in Save As "Save as lower case"
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 8:27 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Julio, if you need some spare hands on H-bomb, let me know. I'll be happy to chip in. Granted I understand that its not opensourced, so it will be under NDA, FDA, KDA, whatever-DA ... (ok, don't ask me what FDA has to do with this or what KDA means! ... I just plucked them out the thin air! )
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2005-07-31 7:23 PM
#
H-Bomb looks amazing...

That's going to be really useful for on the go site updates.

One thing I do have to ask is... how much would it cost me to get someone to implement syntax coloring.

I'd totally be willing to drop some cash into the ole money bucket for that.

Thanks m3, this is just perffffect.
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2005-08-01 2:06 AM
#
Syntax coloring is included in a similar program called CE HTMLEdit available from BNK Software for $14.95 (www.bnksoft.com).

I downloaded a demo program (designed to run on CE 2.12). However, the demo has some snags on my Jornada 720 (CE 3.0). For example, there is an interesting "macro" function for multiple repetitious edits. But on my unit, the box is too big to fit the screen and the control buttons are out of reach.

For me, syntax coloring is not important. Turning syntax coloring "on" seems to slow the program noticeably, especially when loading large HTML files. However, the BNKsoft product does have some things that I was looking for, especially the option to use lower case tags.

I've sent several emails to BNKsoft to ask about compatibility with my system. But they all bounce back as undeliverable.
So, it seems like H-bomb is still the best bet. I'm looking forward to testing the upgrades that Julio has in the works.

Edited by Dave Wurm 2005-08-01 2:08 AM
 Top of the page
Dave Wurm
Dave Wurm Page Icon Posted 2005-08-15 1:39 AM
#
Hi C:Amie,
I was just wondering about the status of the revision process on the H-Bomb HTML editor. (Version 1.3.0 is the most recent version posted for download.)

Thanks,
Dave Wurm
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8