x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sierra Aircard 750

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 5:47 PM
#
H/PC Elite

NOTE: This could either be here or Hardware Support as it may be a software (driver) problem or a problem with the card itself, I'm not sure which.

I have owned one of these cards since new, however it wasn't that long ago that I discovered drivers were available for it to work on an ARM CE 3.0 HPC. I downloaded the drivers, however I noticed that whenever I inserted my card in, nothing happened. There are no proprietary settings in the Control Panel, only a listing of the driver in the Network applet. In the directory Program Files, the only item in the Sierra folder is a readme. On the card, there is only the green light flashing indicating there is a SIM card inserted. Worse, the fact that the card is invinsible apart from the antenna means I cannot get it out of the slot, even when I disconnect it. It might be something to do with the card being O2 branded instead of Vodafone, I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Paspie 2010-12-26 5:48 PM
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 11:44 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Did you download the driver directly from Sierra Wireless?

Perhaps you didn't have enough storage available when you installed the driver. There is a very large driver utility (several MB) that gets installed with the card so that you can control it. It sounds like that file didn't get installed.

Edited by isotherm 2010-12-26 11:45 PM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2010-12-26 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Elite

isotherm - 2010-12-26 11:44 PM

Did you download the driver directly from Sierra Wireless?

Perhaps you didn't have enough storage available when you installed the driver. There is a very large driver utility (several MB) that gets installed with the card so that you can control it. It sounds like that file didn't get installed.
I downloaded it directly from the HCL at this site.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9