x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sky Wabook Keyboard Stopped Working

dgmckee Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 6:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought a Sky Wabook from China with Windows CE 6.0 installed at Christmas.

Everything was fine for the first week, but now the keyboard has stopped working, and appears to be locked (there is a small keyboard icon with a red line through it in the bottom right hand corner of the screen). This shortcut button leads to Input settings which I have changed, but to no avail.

The mouse pad and buttons are still working, and I can access an onscreen keyboard, but I would really like to get the keyboard going again.

It appears to be locked, but I just can't get it unlocked.

I contacted the eBay vendor from whom I bought the netbook, but there are communication issues (I think he doesn't understand my problem).

Also, I have been through the manual and there is no reference to the onscreen keyboard icon, or indeed any Troubleshooting guide.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this - I believe it must be a really simple setting which needs changed and I just can't find it.

Many Thanks!

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-08 7:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That small icon has nothing to do with the physical keyboard, that simply shows whether or not the software keyboard is activated or not. You can click on that with the left mouse button to open the input panel which will open up the onscreen keyboard. They use the same OS for the tablet pcs that don't have a keyboard.

The touchpad and mouse buttons conect to the motherboard using a separate connector from the keyboard. Probably one of two things has happened. Either the ribbon connector has come loose inside the Wabook and needs to be reconnected, or it has simply failed on the motherboard. The only way to tell is to remove the bottom and check the insides...of course doing so will destroy any warranty you have, so only do this as a last resort.

I did have a similar thing happen to me...but that was my own fault. I forgot to hook the keyboard back on when I took apart my Wabook Sky....
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 25