x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Lucent Orinoco PC24E-H-FC Gold

tinman Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 4:19 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
I just purchased a new Jornada 728 off of eBay, I also bought a WiFi card for it.
The WiFi card is a Lucent Technologies PC24E-H-FC
Encryption: 128RC4
The confusing part is that the drivers I see listed on the HCL for "PC24E-H-FC" are all for silver cards and 64-bit encryption? This card specifically says ORiNOCO 11 Mbit/s GOLD on the front of it.

Anyways, I downloaded CE3_v7.82.881.zip and 7-82-881-WinCE300.zip, extracted them, put them on a CF card, loaded it up on the Jornada, but when I go to run Setup I get:
'Setup' is not a valid Windows CE application
Which is very confusing considering both have CE in the name of the file.

Am I doing something wrong? Are these the wrong drivers? I'm new to WinCE, just looking to give it a shot before trying out Jlime.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
tinman Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 4:28 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Doh! Figured it out, it's a normal Windows program that needs to be run using activesync.

New issue: Activesync won't install on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, it says it's been blocked due to compatibility issues, when I search for a solution to the issue from Microsoft, it says there is one, and brings me to the Windows Mobile Phone 6.5 page! Great help that is
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-01-09 12:17 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Some CE install programs will only allow you to install their software on a computer that has Microsoft Activesync installed on it. Other CE install programs require an active Activesync connection with the handheld to install the software.

Others are simple self-decompressing zip files. On those you can often change the file extension from .exe to .zip and then open and review the contents of the self extracting file, finding the CAB components and manually installing them.

If yours is not one of the latter, then you need to find another computer to use...or find a source of the driver install already in CAB format that you can download.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9