x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 790... Has anyone gotten the following to work>>>

Discofu
Discofu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 6:41 PM
#
I am very new to the world of handhelds. I recently purchased a NEC 790 to try out a handheld system. It fills a gap between my laptop and cel phone. Basically I love it. I am though some what confussed about the OS but as I read I learn. For know I need to know if anyone has gotten the following programs to work on a NEX 790 MIPS?

Pocket streets and trips 2005

Sim City 2000

I travel alot. I need one to find my way the other to kill the time while getting there.

Also the whole gx.dll for a Mips I would likk to know more about.
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:03 AM
#
I don't think Streets is going to work....there might be a 2002 or 1998 or some lesser version that will run on it...I dunno if there is possibly even a GPS available for the NEC 790.

Sim City 2000 is definatly a no go. I'm sure there might be some game out there built just like Sim City but it probably costs money. Maybe we should all protest Maxis and tell them to dust off their source discs and compile this for PDAs!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:37 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Look in the forums, directions on how to make PS 2005 work in a HPC are in it's own thread. about SC2000, i'm not sure it's possible without a GAPI compiled for MIPS.

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:42 AM
#
H/PC Elite

bobbarker - 2005-06-29 12:03 AM

I don't think Streets is going to work....there might be a 2002 or 1998 or some lesser version that will run on it...I dunno if there is possibly even a GPS available for the NEC 790.

Sim City 2000 is definatly a no go. I'm sure there might be some game out there built just like Sim City but it probably costs money. Maybe we should all protest Maxis and tell them to dust off their source discs and compile this for PDAs!

I've addressed PS2005 support in my previous post, and there's a topic about GPS CF cards. In summary, basically any GPS card that sends data thru a virtual COM port will do the job fine, search in the HCL and you'll find some ones that work on H/PC 2000

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
wally
wally Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 1:10 PM
#
Ps2005 and SC2000 do indeed work on my MIPS 6651 so they *should* run on a MP790.

Search for my post on PPC apps working on my 6651. You'll find the gx.dll you need there.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8