x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Replacing coredll.dll

Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-01-14 11:35 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

I just got my Jornada 720, finally! After I've been wanting one for 10 years! It's in mint condition and even came with a free LAN card!

Anyway, I browsed in the forums and didn't find any answer to my Problems.
What I tried was installing MSN Messenger (WinCE.net 4.2 Version) on my Jornada.
Using ExecChecker, I rewrote the Version number and then got lots of coredll.dll Errors

So I downloaded the coredlls from Cmonex' site and used the cenet 4.2 one.

I didn't really get how the "Rewrite Lib Name" Feature works since when I tap rewrite, the Program simply starts again but I can't change any names (that is what I thought I could do)

Replaying the file in the windows folder also won't work, doesn't allow..

So, my question: Is there any way to get it to use the custom coredll? Or won't MSN work anyway?

thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-14 11:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The "Rewrite Lib Name" allows you to edit the filename of the DLL; eg, rename coredll.dll to coredl2.exe. This is useful if you have another version of the same DLL in the same folder location (which of course would have to be renamed so that it doesn't overwrite the original one). Editing the name of the required DLL in Executability Check makes the program look for the renamed DLL instead of the original one.

There's an easier way, though - try installing RedGear. It's available in H/PC:Update on this site.

Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-01-15 12:08 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Hmm, that's what i thought about renaming, but it just doesn't do anything.. I get the list of dlls, then I select one and tap "Overwrite", the Program restarts. Am I doing anything wrong?

I tried RedGear but sadly it messed up alot of other things, as in the screen wouldn't react anymore, not even after a softreset.

Might give it a try again later, just wondering what I'm doing wrong with ExecChecker here..

Thanks for the fast reply!

[EDIT]

DUH tapping twice, renaming works like renaming filenames in Explorer.. trying now

[EDIT2]

Ok, new list of Errors..
\Windows\ole32.dll doesn't export a function "CoCreateGuid" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "wnsprintfA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegDeleteValueA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegSetValueExA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegDeleteKeyA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegCreateKeyExA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegOpenKeyExA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "StrCmpNA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "StrCatBuffA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "RegEnumKeyA" \Windows\shlwapi.dll doesn't export a function "wnsprintfW" \Windows\commdlg.dll doesn't export a function "ChooseFont
I didn't find new DLLs for all of these, so I guess using MSN this way isn't possible..

Edited by kpour 2011-01-15 12:16 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-01-15 12:16 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

After you rename the DLL, Executability Check rechecks the program and opens up the dialog box again to tell you which, if any, DLLs still don't provide the necessary functions. If the dialog box is blank, then Executability Check is no longer finding any problems. Try running the program you're checking again after that.
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-01-15 1:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Ok, after rewriting tons of dlls, there are some that aren't found anywhere..

I would need SHCORE.DLL, ZLIB.DLL and shlwapi.dll

Could I just copy them from windows ce.net 4.2? If so, can someone with a 4.2 device send them?
So far I've been using dlls from cmonex' site.
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-01-16 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I don't think Microsoft's MSN messenger has ever worked on a Jornada with any DLL's. A few (now outdated) chat programs like IM+ and Agile Messenger worked sometimes on Jornada, but the most common solution seemed to be using Quackenchat or other IRC client to connect to MSN and various other chat protocols via Bitlbee. They have public servers available; for more information see www.bitlbee.org
 Top of the page
Karpour Page Icon Posted 2011-01-16 10:52 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks for the info! Who knows whether the ce.net 4.2 MSN would've worked anyway...
So what I'll do is write my own MSN client in Java which works amazingly well with PersonalJava on the Jornada, I guess it's going to be a thin client at first though since I don't really have time to port the whole JML library..

Only thing is, i'd like to make it look like msn as much as possible, including trayicon, so I might need some help there but I'll just post in the developers forum when I'm at that point..
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 26