x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Synching between handhelds w/o PC?

CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 5:49 AM
#
Is there any way to syncronise the data on a Windows CE 1.0 Handheld PC with a Windows CE 2.11 ("Handheld PC Pro" Handheld PC, WITHOUT the use of a "normal" computer (in particular, the Pocket Outlook data)?

I have a Hewlett Packard 320LX running Windows CE 1.0, and a Hewlett Packard Jornada 820 running Windows CE 2.11 ("Handheld PC Pro"...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 6:39 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm not aware of sync engines for either, but you shouldbe able to IR beam the PIM and file system to and fro
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:46 AM
#
But are the databases compatible?

I've tried sending Pocket Office files between my Windows CE 1.0 Handheld PC and my Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC in both directions, only to find that the data is incompatible!

I haven't tried the Pocket Outlook 1.0 data yet as I will shortly be swapping my Pocket PC for a Windows CE 2.11 ("Handheld PC Pro" Handheld PC, which obviously I do not have yet...

So would the CE 1.0<--->CE 2.11 data be compatible?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:26 AM
#
H/PC Elite

If you talk about making a backup in one unit and restoring it in the other, no, they're not. As C:Amie said, your best bet is to send all the contacts/dates/whatever from one unit to other via IR, but the downfall is that you have to do it manually

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 8:49 PM
#
No, I'm not talking about the back-up files, I'm talking about the actual Pocket Outlook data itself...

Is the Pocket Outlook data compatible between Windows CE 1.0 and Windows CE 2.11?

I ask this because I know from experience that Windows CE 1.0's Pocket Office data is not compatible with Windows CE 4.2's ("Windows Mobile 2003" Pocket Office data!
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Like i said before, pocket office *should* (i'm not saying it will) be compatible, try sending your data via IR to see if you can receieve it healthy and safe on the other side. And about Pocket Office in WM2003, you may try to change the file extension on your HPC to match that on the PPC (they use different file extensions).

Hope this helps
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9