x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help to Install the 3Com BT PCCard 3CRWB6096B on NEC 900c

arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi everybody!

I kindly ask for your expert help related to the installation and use of the 3Com Bluetooth PCCard 3CRWB6096B SL-1022 with my NEC 900c running wince4.2 and cmonex v2.

I searched this forum carefully and I tried various options to no avail - i.e. playing with the drivers for both PCCards: for 3CRWB6096B SL-1022 (BT Connection Manager.2577.cab dated 08.01.2003 size 420.2k) as well as for the one with no end-letter designation 3CRWB6096 (BT Connection Manager.2577.cab dated 07.06.2002 size 363.4k).

The BT card works OK on a WinXP notebook, so it is not damaged.

For the NEC 900c the installation details are as follows:
• In \Program Files\ I have created a folder “3Com” as one of the installation files is pointing towards this \Program Files\3Com\ (even w/o creating the 3Com folder, the end result is the same – not working)
• I was running the cab files ignoring the message that I got during the installation
Unsupported System Version
This program is not compatible with the current operating system and therefore may not run on this device. Do you want to continue installation?

• Further it install OK and it places an entry “Connection Manager.lnk” in \Windows\Programs (=Start Menu) pointing towards \Program Files\3Com\Bluetooth\btcmce.exe.
• By running this link after soft-reset and inserting the BT card I got the message
Unable to initialize Bluetooth
Please verify Bluetooth card is inserted and try again.

While playing with both cards model drivers I noticed the following difference - when inserting the real BT card there is a message with the 3CRWB6096 drivers saying
Unidentified PCCard Adapter
Enter the name of the driver for this PCCard:
Driver Name “Serial card in Socket 2”

while with the drivers for 3CRWB6096B SL-1022 I get no such message.

If you please, any idea on what to do further as it seems that I am stuck.
Thanks a lot!
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-02-05 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Unfortunately the driver is only compatible with CE 3.0. The only way to use it on that device is to reflash to HPC2000 ROM.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 3:48 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

isotherm - 2011-02-05 6:01 PM

Unfortunately the driver is only compatible with CE 3.0. The only way to use it on that device is to reflash to HPC2000 ROM.

Thank you Isotherm.

I'm confused since the forum is listing the 3Com 3CRWB6096 as compatible with CE4.2 (is it that glitch again?).

I am not tempted to reflash the 900c since it is running cmonex rom v2, which is very nice, thank you cmonex for your hard work. (it was not my flashing, I bought s/h the Nec 900c already flashed with cmonex rom v2)

Unfortunately it doesn't work on my Jornada 728 either, RedGear activated or not. Here it is even more curious, the installation runs very fast in 1-2 seconds, but I can't find any files at all in the installation folder, disregard to which installation folder I'm pointing it to or whether I'm using the driver for 3CRWB6096B or 3CRWB6096 (no end-letter).
While inserting the card I get the message “Serial card in Socket 1” and of course nothing happens.

Any further hint, please, I'm stuck now on both devices (Nec 900c and Jornada 728)? Thanks.

Edited by arlex 2011-02-06 3:51 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 3:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The HCL has a compatible flag as someone has reported it as working under CE 4.2. If this is genuinely innacurate please let us know and we'll remove the flag.
 Top of the page
arlex Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 9:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2011-02-06 10:52 AM

The HCL has a compatible flag as someone has reported it as working under CE 4.2. If this is genuinely innacurate please let us know and we'll remove the flag.

Thank you C:Amie for inviting me, but in this case my accuracy is one letter off - the compatibility list is dealing with the 3Com 3CRWB6096 model, whole the card I have is 3CRWB6096B. Obviously I am not in the position to pretend any correction.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 10:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks for clarifying
 Top of the page
isotherm Page Icon Posted 2011-02-06 10:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I have used the 3CRWB6096B on a Jornada. It should work, but the installation is a bit painful. First you must create the "\Program Files\3Com" directory before installing the CAB. (It may even be necessary to make more folders. It has been a very long time since I used this card.) After this, a proper aygshell is needed to run the utilities. It may be that RedGear does not work for this purpose, and you will have to try a different aygshell.

The drivers are actually for Pocket PC, and as far as I know the card absolutely does not work on CE 4.2.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8