x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Should I buy it?

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 5:02 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Over the past few weeks I have been helping a co-worker out. I have been installing everything he needs on his MP 900 and 900C's, anyway, I have just fallen for a 900. I don't know why, maybe just because this one took longer for me to figure out. I always like a challenge. It is in decent shape...very far from mint! I am not sure of the battery yet though. I only used it for about two hours before it died. I will charge it up and try again tomorrow. I have never owned a 900 and don't know how much to offer him. I have spent a lot of hours working on these few machines and he offered a trade for my services. What is a good offer? Keep in mind that I have spent 5+ hours working on these machines.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 11:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

$40 max if it is in working condition with a/c adapter. Erecycleronline has been dumping them on eBay recently. You can email them and they will sell you a like machine directly. Here is their current action http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-MP9000-MobilePro-900-Touchscreen-Mobile-Pocket-PC-/310294718957?pt=PDA_s_Pocket_PC_s&hash=item483f01a9ed

Remember it doesn't matter if you get a 900 or 900C, they are both flashable to either OS.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 1:02 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Rich, it that a normal carrying case for these? All of the ones I have worked on had cases like this one.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-12 1:07 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Just a generic case really. Nec had two cases they distributed that were custom made for the Mobilepro line. I have pictures of them here:

http://sites.google.com/site/necmobpro/my-mobilepro/faqs/mobilepro-cases
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-18 11:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Today I returned the 900 I hated seeing it go I just had no real use for it. He told me that the last 900C I worked on wasn't connecting for him and he said he was about to break it up into tiny pieces...I said don't do that and offered him $20 for it as a joke. He said no, but if I gave him $30 he would throw in a Lucent Technologies Orinoco card, the bag, sync cable, and CD... So I am the proud owner of a new 900C!!!
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-02-19 2:08 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Congrats. Looking at your other machines and interests in the SciFi movies page, some quality time with DVD Catalyst will suggest a use for your 900C.... Cmonex's ROM is strongly recommended.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-19 10:52 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That's the nice thing about flashing the 900...you can flash it to HPC2000 or CE.NET and back again...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-02-20 3:16 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I am pretty excited about it! I can't wait to play around with it more. Now I have to find a new sync for my old 790. I have been looking for it all weekend. I must have lost it in the last move
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8