x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MP 900 ERROR!

1 2 3
caheo
caheo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 8:55 AM
#
I am buying NEC MP form directdeal.com . When I get this i work properly . But when i install "POCKETDIVX " to my handheld . This error has been happend .
In viet nam , noone can't fix this problem ( enginner, technology , nec company brand ,. ....)
when i open CALENDAR . This mess :

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0000.bmp

CONTACTS:

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0001.bmp

TASKS:

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0002.bmp

POCKET WORLD :

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0003.bmp

POCKET EXECL, IE : DON'T APPERA MESS .

ACESS :

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0004.bmp

POWERPOINT :

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0005.bmp

MAIN WINDOWS : I CAN'T SEE "FILE , OPTION..."

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0006.bmp

FIRMWARE INFORMATION

http://dethuong-deghet.net/handheld/capt0007.bmp

I am trying to contact NEC COMPANY in US ,and they sad : i must send this to them . But i can't send this because when i export i must pay 30% of price ( 30% * 899$ and ......)
When the first time using this handheld . I remmerber deleting 2 folder in INTERNAL DISK .

Please help me to fix this problem . My contact email : nhannguyen.master@gmail.com or YM : ntnhan220488

Thanks for reading

Edited by caheo 2005-06-29 9:10 AM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 9:13 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

So, it only does this after PocketDivX is installed?

Have you tried a soft reset? Any luck?

Have you tried a hard reset? http://support.necsam.com/mobilesolutions/hardware/handhelds/MobilePro900/819-201025-000.pdf
you *will* lose all data on the device, but it should free it up.

If it's still broken, you've either got a hardware fault, or the firmware of the device has been scrambled which should never happen by accident.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes, in *theory* it shouldn't happen! but it can and does happen (just look at ppcmag forums too, there was some months ago a similar case)... i'm trying to guess how or why it happens..

he already tried a hard reset according to the "nec 900 ROM" topic (which was started by me).
and guess why i wanted a rom file listing (requested in my 900 topic). i *seem* to have a faulty rom too, though it is nowhere to caheo's problems, actually it doesn't prevent me from doing anything i want to do on my 900. still it bothers me that there's a problem at all. and if i could find the problematic file, maybe i could overwrite it in RAM and then all would be ok....
so i really need a rom listing to compare it to mine! though it might not help at all. but would be good for a start..
or a ce.net 4.2 upgrade .... that surely would solve all problems! and i'd like to try ce.net in any case.

caheo, the above is for you too, if you could overwrite the corrupted files, everything should be fine afterwards. there's two problems with this solution: 1) how to find out which file(s) are corrupted 2) where to get the intact ones.
1) can be solved, maybe, no idea. for example, i know *exactly* which function/call/whatever is missing from my 900, but couldn't find the file(s) so far... 2) you can copy a part of the rom out of an intact 900, but not everything. now that can be a problem too if you need a file that isn't accessible.

and can you tell me if the problem arose first after a soft reset, or just out of the blue? i mean did you do any soft reset (or hard reset) *directly* before your 900 started giving problems?
not that it would help if we know the cause....

oh i see now that you mentioned deleting files from the internal flash. well, all the files have been deleted from my internal flash. is this the cause then? i wonder...
doesn't someone have the files in the internal flash to send me? *sigh* thanks!!!

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-29 3:35 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 4:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

caheo, i've looked at your screenshots and i see you took them before a hard reset as there's still pocketdivx icon on your desktop. are you sure you did a real hard reset? or you did the hardreset after taking the screenshots...? i'd say you wouldn't have taken them before trying the last option i.e. hardreset..
so please confirm if you did it or not. a hardreset is when you take ALL the batteries out of the machine, that is, the main battery AND the backup battery (it is accessible by a screwdriver only), and then leave the machine alone for a while, 5 minutes or more. i'd recommend at least one hour though.

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-29 4:06 PM
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 4:43 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Weird - it would have to be a fairly serious hardware (well, firmware, I guess) flaw that allowed flash rom to be corrupted by an errant program. The memory map should just say "nope, not doing that". Eek!

Try the full-beans hard reset as cmonex suggests, then after that it looks like the community has a mission: track down a working ROM image!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

we already have that mission. don't forget about me! though my rom problem is fully bearable, but i still would like to fix it.. oh and i absolutely do not mind if the rom is a ce.net 4.2 image

i'm not sure if it's been corrupted by a simple program, i suspect there a hardware thing, design flaw, or something else.
btw it isn't a firmware flaw, because i don't have the same version as caheo (mine is earlier - oh maybe they didn't fix the bug? erm).

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-29 4:52 PM
 Top of the page
caheo
caheo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:02 PM
#
I have tried so many hard reset . Over 10 times .
But this problem still haven't been fixed .

Edited by caheo 2005-06-29 10:05 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

but how come you have the icons on your screenshots? or did you apply a restore (or just reinstalling the software)
sorry that i insist on this, but it would be really great if it isn't a faulty rom .... because you really have not much chance then... just the ones i've already listed or a ce.net 4.2 upgrade. if you can get it somewhere. and if you can, let me know!
for example try to persuade the NEC people in the USA to send you an upgrade or just the original hpc2000 OS if they have it. the reflash can be done by the user. no real need to send the 900 to NEC!

and please, can you answer my question about when the problem started? right after you installed pocketdivx? did you do a soft reset then?
or right after you deleted the contents of the flash disk?
 Top of the page
caheo
caheo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:20 PM
#
I have been deleted the content of the flash disk before .After i installed pocketdivx , my 900 doen't word anymore . I mak a soft reset then this problem has been happed .
The pocketdivx icon doen't appera in my handheld . This is a PMV soft .

can you tell me your YM ? This is so easy for talk

Edited by caheo 2005-06-29 10:26 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, i see now, sorry i must have been tired to mistake the icons.

so it happened after a soft reset.. oh well.. i'm starting to suspect a design flaw but it isn't really important now. what is important is how to solve it!

i don't have yahoo, but i'll try to get it
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

isn't there a program just to back up the entire contents of the ROM, like when you reflash a PPC?. if there's such a thing, maybe one forum user can make a backup and maybe another forum user may stumble upon it and incidentally apply it to it's own MP, rendering it fully usable. I'm not saying it'll happen, i'm just saying it might

Also, if that hypothethical thing happened, maybe a CE.NET MP900 owner could make a backup of CE.NET ROM too, don't you think
 Top of the page
caheo
caheo Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:56 PM
#
Okie ! I hope so .
to cmonex :
i have been contacted the nec again . I requied them to send me the wince 3.0 or wince 4.2 firmware . So I am waiting rely from them .
Hope they can help me fix my problem .

Edited by caheo 2005-06-29 11:59 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 12:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

matrixcore - 2005-06-30 5:26 AM

isn't there a program just to back up the entire contents of the ROM, like when you reflash a PPC?. if there's such a thing, maybe one forum user can make a backup and maybe another forum user may stumble upon it and incidentally apply it to it's own MP, rendering it fully usable. I'm not saying it'll happen, i'm just saying it might

Also, if that hypothethical thing happened, maybe a CE.NET MP900 owner could make a backup of CE.NET ROM too, don't you think

well. officially there is none that is available to the ordinary user.
but i've just got a little help from someone else on the forum now. with his help, i've managed to dump my rom in a dump file. nice 30 MB file actually the ce.net 4.2 upgrade is smaller than this (around 26 MB)
good for a start... we will see how to proceed from here. i have a lot of ideas of course but i need another 900 user's help..
but the upgrade file is in BIN format, so if i could convert the dump file (or a ce.net dump, i'd like that more!), if it's possible at all, and then somehow upload and reflash the rom with it, then ... i can't tell how good that would be! especially if it's ce.net
maybe it's enough if i can identify the corrupt sequence and the right file (and extract it - well that's the hardest part!) and then just place it in the ram over the original ("overwriting" it).
but i need an intact rom image too for this!! check my topic on this...

caheo, it could help you too if NEC isn't willing to send you a rom image. please report back here (and email too ), if you do get a reply!! i'm VERY interested! i'm afraid they'll be quite slow in replying but maybe you'll get lucky.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 12:44 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well i already have some rough ideas where the corrupt part could be. if there's any (but what else could the problem be?). still i need another 900 owner's help, who has the same firmware as me..
mine:
according to NEC FirmwareInfo in control panel:
system build is 9546-126, nec firmware version is 5.1,
build date is June 12 2003, PIC firmware ID is 4, bootloader version is 3.0

and according to MobilePro Settings/Asset View:
ROM Date: 05/2003
ROM Revision: Minerva TR5.1

and the dumped rom size is 30 228 480 bytes.

thanks.. very much

Edited by cmonex 2005-06-30 12:46 AM
 Top of the page
ivantam Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 1:13 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hello, caheo mentioned that he deleted 2 folder in INTERNAL DISK .......

i also wonder if it is relevant or not, hard reset should be able to restore all files at all.

since i left my mp 900 at home, i have to check my firmware version later.

and caheo's problems are really new to all of us.

Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.267 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9