x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Devices and Specifications

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-02-13 5:55 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Whenever I am browsing the "Devices & Specifications" pages, I always notice that most of the specs for most of the devices are not filled out. The only specifications that are near complete seem to be for popular devices like the Jornadas and MobilePros. I would like to see some more specs, so I thought it would be a good idea if us normal users had some way of contributing to that list, similar to the way we can contribute to the HCL. Indirectly adding specs would probably be the best idea so that people can't just go in and mess everything up in there. In other words, I think there should be a button to send a form to one of the admins that includes all of the hardware and software specs of your device (that you were able to find by looking at it or from a website like PDAdb) so that they can add it to the list as long as they provide their consent. What do you think?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-02-13 6:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is a spreadsheet knocking around for that.

No one has ever sent any updates in using it, or any other means however. So my conclusions has always been that the hours required for me to write that capability aren't worth it.
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-13 8:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Good point MPM. Some items are not up to date. I've always had a special interest to make sure that every Mobilepro is...and even the Mobilegears. And the other devices I've listed. And I think it was last summer that all of the administrators here were adding pictures making sure that the devices were represented at least in that area.

Some info is just not obtainable or known. Other just needs to be updated.

So...with that said, if you have a device that needs updating...send me the info in an email and you can be sure it will be done ASAP by yours truly.
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-02-13 9:05 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Cool, I'll probably do that once I receive my LG Phenom Ultra.
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8