x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J720 randomly turns on

bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 2:27 PM
#
Okay...plain and simple issue. My J720 randomly turns on and kills its battery. It's usually on the floor of my room and I don't realize it till later that day (unless I have it with me) and it's not like it has crap piled on it that might bump the button, and I don't use PIM features or wakeup reminders, it just turns on and sits there with the screen on getting kinda hot and wasting itself. Anyone else have crap like this happen?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 2:40 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Bob, I believe the 720 can turn itself on at midnight to do housekeeping - it's part of the WinCE core cleaning itself up.

One thing to check is that you don't have "Show agenda daily" turned on (calendar / tools / options - make sure it's turned off) whcih can force turn on and delay stuff.

Of course, the other thing to check is that you haven't got a silent alarm set, too...
 Top of the page
bobbarker
bobbarker Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 4:16 PM
#
I'll check and see if that is turned on - but I doubt it cause it never comes on at a set time...I've caught it middle of the day middle of the night...but I'll still check. Thanks for the tips.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-29 11:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

NEC has a fix for the midnight auto on issue, designed for MP900. It worked for my Jornada 728, so it might work for 720 as well. You need to download the fix from NEC's support site, and install it. Lemme see if I still have the direct link...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 12:21 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ftp://ftp.necsam.com/pub/mobilepro/900/PWR_MGT.exe
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 4:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes that's the file, but it is generally nicer to link to a webpage instead of a file. You can find useful info about the file and credit the host by going to their page.
http://support.necsam.com/faqs/display/default.asp?itemID=2001623
 Top of the page
KBoyKool Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 10:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

That should be doubly useful. I just bought an Aironet 350 on ebay, so it could cure one problem and prevent one that hasn't happened yet! Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out (or"off" in this case.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 10:55 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-06-30 10:19 AM

Yes that's the file, but it is generally nicer to link to a webpage instead of a file. You can find useful info about the file and credit the host by going to their page.
http://support.necsam.com/faqs/display/default.asp?itemID=2001623

yes you could be right. i just like it when i ask for a download link and i get the direct link...
and my link does have useful info too that i couldn't find elsewhere on NEC's page. just try to look around the ftp anyone knows what that battery utility/patch does??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 12:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The patch is a device side installer which replaces PCO.dll in \windows. It's for HPC2000.

The modem updates are new firmware.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

and what does PCO.dll do?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 2:47 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
>> NEC has a fix for the midnight auto on issue, designed for MP900. It worked for my Jornada 728 <<

Whoa, has anybody tried this on their 720? Though I suffer occasionally from the midnight-on problem (my problem can be traced to a synch with Activesynch; as long as I soft reset after a synch, I don't get the turn-on), Takwu is MUCH braver than I am.

What exactly does the patch do?

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 4:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I've been over this somewhere else - can't think where; if you find it I listed the specific's in there.
But basically it's just registry entries.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Well, that seems manageable, if it's just registry entries. I'll look through the past posts and see what's up.

Thanks,
Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 8