x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

LG Phenom Ultra repairs

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-02-20 4:45 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I received my Phenom H-120 CW16 in the mail a couple days ago. Sadly, it smelled like cigarette smoke , had a loose hinge, and only the right portion of the touchscreen responded to tapping. I was pretty miffed, and because the guy had listed it on eBay as "Used", meaning fully operational, I had a right to be. Anyway, now I need to know some things. I would like to know if there is a guide anywhere to repairing one of these things. Also, does it use the same screen as another handheld or at least the same digitizer, since the LCD portion of it works fine. Furthermore, would there even be a way to fix the hinge, because I can't really use it if the lid keeps flopping over. For the first problem, I think baking soda is the answer though.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-02-20 4:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Get your money back...it is never going to work right, parts are impossible to find...cut your losses while you can. But it is the same thing hardwarewise I believe as the Hitachi Persona.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-02-20 5:00 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I second what Rich said. Obviously, used means used not broke. So he misled you there. Get your money back and try again.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-02-20 7:03 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Yes, it is the same thing as the Hitachi Persona. I've already opened a case on eBay. The problem is that returning it would actually result in a loss of money because I would have to pay the shipping still for both ways. So, I'm trying to get a portion of my money back instead and keep the thing. That's why I hope to repair it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10