x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-02-28 11:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I was just wondering if it is possible to connect to the internet through mini usb
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-03-01 4:13 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

With what, a USB router? Only thing I've ever heard about the internet through USB is using PDAnet on your phone to tether to your computer with the mini USB. So, if you have an Android phone like the one I'm using to type this, then yes. And the computer has getting the internet has to be a USB host, the mini USB being in the phone. But what are you trying to do, get the internet on a Sig III with a USB cable? If you can do that, you're a computer engineer.

Anyway, what device are we talking about here? You should probably just get a compatible WiFi card if it's new enough to have USB.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-01 10:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Thecatmilton...a mini-USB is just a USB connecter. The internet is just a world wide networking service. The two would need a multitude of help to communicate directly.

For instance, you would need a mini-USB compatible modem to interface your device with in order to get an internet signal. Then your device would need the proper hardware to support the modem. Also you would need the proper software to communicate with. Finally you would need the proper drivers to make the modem work.

So many variable to your question that need refining. For instance...

1. What type of device are you going to use, a netbook, computer, cellphone, etc?
2. What is the source of your internet, wireless, wired ethernet, Activesync connection, 3G, dialup etc?
3. What is the operating system on your device, Windows x86, Windows CE, Android, other?

But unless the planetary alignment is just perfect as it will be on Dec 21, 2012...the answer is probably NO!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-03-01 11:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm wondering if the OP simply means internet over the ActiveSync connection?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0018.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8