x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-03-03 10:32 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

Does anyone know of any battery packs that are the shape of 2 AAs lined up and not next to each other with 2.4-3 volts and around 2000 milliamps?
 Top of the page
Mobilepro200 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-04 12:17 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

yes I happen to have 1 that went with my mobile gear mc cs11
 Top of the page
MednataMiza Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 5:23 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Blue TrustFire 2500 mAh 3.7 V
Red UltraFire 3000 mAh 3.7 V
The above are 18650 type cells.
Offtopic: Can someone tell me the exact type of connector the Mobilepro 900c uses for the battery ? I'm planning an external battery pack and I need to figure out how to connect it
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 6:27 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It is an odd size connector, not easy to find if I remember correctly. 4mm outer diameter, 2mm inner diameter, 9mm long...or there abouts. Some of the plugs that say they are 1.7mm ID will almost fit, and you can actually modify them to work...meaning stick a nail in the hole and pull it out with pliers and it will be the right size afterwards.... ...or drill it out with a precision bit in your mototool.

Maybe you could just take it down to your local Radio Shack and try fitting plugs until you find one that fits....BTW, any 12V battery works fine as an external power supply. A Sear's Diehard would give you working power for days without a recharge...maybe even weeks...and that is with wifi!
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 10:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

i think a diehard would provide to many amps of power,therefore, frying a innocent hpc a quick and painful murder...
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-03-14 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Only if that HPC was greedy (and hence, not particularly innocent or at least well-engineered) and drew more power (current) than it needed.

The device shouldn't be current limited (or said another way, it's circuitry is current-regulated) by the battery pack itself, but rather by some control circuit. Now, with the car battery on the other end, it would certainly be wise to put an inline fuse (and remember the wagon to carry it also) between the battery and the HPC in case it power control circuit fails. Of course, I've been wrong before and will certainly be again, so I'd welcome a correction.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12