x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

flash Rom download problem

Kyaunah86 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-04 7:05 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I downloaded a flash rom from off of here and now my laptop wont boot up properly it keeps asking for a driver device which I dont have how do I fix this problem and everything is now deleted off of my laptop.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-03-04 7:10 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

We'll need more information before we can help. Which device is it, and which ROM image?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-04 7:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

And what device driver is it looking for? What do you have plugged in that it can't find in the operating system? The more info you provide, the better. Finally, why did you attempt to flash it in the first place?
 Top of the page
Kyaunah86 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-05 12:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

The wabook sky netbook with Windows imbedded ce 6.0 the flash rom os image was WM8505 Flash rom I dont know where it went wrong but when I downloaded it on to my netbook it erased everything and now when I turn it on it has half the screen blue and the bottom half black as well as double icons
 Top of the page
Kyaunah86 Page Icon Posted 2011-03-05 12:50 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

it says unidentified usb driver device andit prompts me to enter a driver name
 Top of the page
hmascience Page Icon Posted 2011-03-05 2:03 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Umm, no offense, but punctuation marks help .

I'm not an expert, but here are some more questions to answer to help the real experts troubleshoot...

Did you really "download it on to" your netbook? Or did you download it to a SD card (say from another desktop or laptop machine) and then restart your machine with the SD card installed, choosing the re-flash option? Did you look to make sure there was a .nb0 and .bin file on the SD card?

Did you get a menu like figure 4 at http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/hardware/chinese/7in-netbook/ ?

If you got a bunch of "successful updating" messages, did you remove the SD/USB device before the final step (rebooting).

Edited by hmascience 2011-03-05 2:03 AM
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-03-05 12:35 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

If you have a 10 inch Wabook Sky, then that flash should work just fine. If you show only half a screen, then something went wrong. Suggest you try redownloading the image. It may have been corrupted somehow in the download process.

As far as the programs missing...all of the pirate software that came on your notebook, things like Textmaker, and SpreadCE, all of those were removed from the flash on HPCFactor. The only thing in that flash is the pure Windows CE without the third party applications.

If you have a 7 inch netbook, then the image you downloaded for the Wabook Sky will not work. You need a 7 inch rom flash.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10