x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Jornada 820/HPC Pro site/forum?

1 2
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 9:22 PM
#
I am building collection of Handheld PCs, purchasing the leading device from each generation of Windows CE (with the exception of my Jornada 820, which will be used as a laptop replacement); for each of these Handheld PCs, I intend to purchase a VERY big collection of software, all of which I will archive the details of how it was purchased and where from...
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 9:25 PM
#
For these reasons, I would be a VERY, VERY big contributor to a Software Availability List, offering fellow HPC Factor members a VERY detailed list of still-available Handheld PC software...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 9:27 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah, I think the whole modding topic was a bit off track, sorry

About the site matter, C:Amie has many good points. I think this site is great as it is now. The HCL (and other pages) can still use a bit of work. The forums has all kinds of owners - I'd also hate to see a 720 fest. If there is to be a software database, either it would not be big enough to be very useful, or the site would be overwhelmed.

However, I agree it would be nice to have such a database. We just need another site to provide it. If someone wants to run such a website, I'm sure everyone here would not hesitate to share our knowledge.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 10:29 PM
#
Well getting back to the topic, I don't think I've seen ANYONE that has a Jornada 820 here!

This is WHY I want a site that is specific to the Jornada 820...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it wouldn't be a 720-only list i for one can help with ce 2.0 too.. and maybe ce.net 4.1/4.2 sometime in the future.. can't promise anything about the latter, and there's already hpcnec.com to take care of it (at least 4.2)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-03 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CybaCowboy - 2005-07-04 4:29 AM

This is WHY I want a site that is specific to the Jornada 820...

maybe this isn't too bad: http://www.sticky.co.uk/jornada/jornadafaq.htm

http://www.sticky.co.uk/jornada/ this is the homepage.. don't click on the "CLICK HERE" but on the picture of the 820

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-03 10:41 PM
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 1:09 AM
#
Wow, what a great resource!

Some sections are a little out-of-date, but it's by far the best Jornada 820-SPECIFIC resource I have EVER seen...

Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 10:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

CybaCowboy,

I wasn't talking about PPC or hacks either.
 Top of the page
Jhonfy
Jhonfy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 2:26 AM
#
Hi!!!

Its great to find another user of Jornada 820 specific HandHeld!! for a while i think i´m alone in this world!! Well I agree with your idea to make a web only for Jornada 820, i search a lot in internet for programs for 820 but its hard to find some interesting, the best I find is Doom and Pacman, the rest its only card games and simple things, I used Atari 800XL computers a years ago and now try to run emulator for jornada (not sucesful yet )
the best page at the moment is stycky and hpcfactor.
If you decide make the page let mi know
jhonfy@tutopia.com

Regards
Jhon
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-17 12:34 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why weren't you able to find programs? you can use every app that's written for HPC Pro and ARM cpu. i think there are some of these
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9