x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Sony Vai laptop as big as HPC!

Jacob
Jacob Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 12:50 PM
#
Saw the new Sony laptop at Best Buy. That sucker is as big as the Jornada 820, or smaller. Cant wait till these things get to be as small as a normal size HPC.

Jacob
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-06-30 2:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

The smallest Sony laptop (currently on sale) is not that small, but neither is the j820.

However they used to have a small one, the U series. The U1, U3 and U101 were small laptops smaller than the MobilePros. However the latest generation U series has a tablet form, with external folded keyboard. It is even smaller tho.

On the other hand, Toshiba has recently released the latest Libretto, which is also very small. I have tried its keyboard, and the keys are even smaller than the Jornada's, and harder to type with. If I ever meet a salesperson friendly enough, I'll ask for a size comparison with my Smartbook, and take some pictures I guess they're about the same.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 2:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2005-06-30 8:00 PM

it weighs 3 lbs.. my laptop is lighter than that.. 2.8 lbs still too big and heavy for me well i can't feel the weight of it but if i put other stuff in my bag then i will start to feel it.. but a HPC is perfect in this respect (too)! even the MP900 beats my laptop, let alone the 728
so, this sony you linked isn't really a big deal..
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 2:49 AM
#
A friend of mine used the original Libretto for work and WOW!

I don't know about the new generation, but the original Libretto was TINY (ESPECIALLY for its time)!

What about the OQO? The OQO is a full-fledged Windows XP computer, not much larger than a typical Pocket PC (it even has a keyboard)

I think the OQO Web site can be found at http://www.oqo.com...
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 2:57 AM
#
Some people say a micro computer would be useless, but I STRONGLY disagree- something the size of a typical Handheld PC, the Libretto series or the Jornada 820 would be perfect for mobile professionals who spend more time out of the office than in...

And geeks like myself that carry every electronic device under the sun with them daily (Inspector Gadget eat your heart out! lol)!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.172 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8