x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Misc MP900 things...

HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 4:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I feel totally stupid right now. I haven't really played around much with WinCE since I first got my Vadem Clio. No problems in getting it up and running on the net, but here I'm stuck.

I've got a PRISM based wifi card as well as a Cisco Aironet 350 (PCM352) card which I haven't been able to get running on the MP 900. I installed the WinCE 3.0 drivers from the download sections for the Aironet card but they froze my MP up. The PRISM card gave me a "This is not a valid WinCE application" message when I started the app up. And on top of that, I got a Socket wired network card from Isotherm's MP 900 sale. Haven't gotten the MP online with that either.

I plan on eventually flashing this to Cmonex's custom ROM, but in the mean time HPC 2000 works fine. Any help regarding the above would be appreciated. I'll also except being flogged for my ignorance!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 5:15 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Don't feel stupid! cisco cards are really hard to get working, especially on a 900. Does your 350 have one or two LED's? The reason I ask is my 350 has two LED's and I have not been able to get it to work either.

Which driver did you use? Did you get it from the Cisco site or the HCL?
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 5:33 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Two LED's unfortunately. I've heard "good things" about the card so I figured why not? (Plus, cost me like four bucks including shipping...) I downloaded the drivers via the downloads from this site.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 5:50 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

There are many different software revisions on the HCL, which ones have you tried? Also, did you uninstall the ones that didn't work before you tried a new one?

Oh, I just found this page. http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/type.html?mdfid=268438202&flowid=7018&softwareid=280775082 I never saw this one before. Try this one too. Make sure you uninstall previous versions first.

Edited by Yoldering 2011-03-25 5:54 PM
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yes I did. I'll have to go check which one I tried, I tried 2.70 but see there's a 2.72 there now which I seem to have overlooked. I'm still keen on getting the Prism card to work as well as the Ethernet.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I'm sorry, I now remember I did get my 350 to work with the 2.72 for 4.2.NET...I just could not get it to connect to my WPA.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Did you use the Prism reference driver for your Prism card? That should work.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I did, and it gave me an application error which looked something like this: "This is not a valid WinCE application" once I tried to run the wifi config program.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 6:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Did you try a different version after the first one failed?
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-25 9:20 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Yoldering - 2011-03-25 1:49 PM

Did you try a different version after the first one failed?

Nope, not sure which I should try really. You wouldn't happen to have the WinCE 3 Aironet drivers expanded would you? I don't have the required services installed on the Windows 7 laptop.
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-03-26 11:58 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ok, installed the Aironet HPC 2002 (PPC 2002?) drivers through Redgear. It's only half way working, probably me not knowing what to do. I can enter my WEP code without a hitch, but can't figure out how to add my SSID (network) and get it to connect. Going to go give it a try with the 4.2 drivers you mentioned.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 8