x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Ebay gripes, soft reset and "ctrl+alt+del"

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, i found a soft reset utility.. tried it on my 728.. it happily soft reset itself at once.. right away.. but the 900 didn't .. it was trying to interprete the command but that was all. so i remembered right. sorry.
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 12:18 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

What a bummer! Guess I have to live with it.

As for returning it, it would be a hassle plus it has already been two months so I dont know if the seller would entertain it?!

You just gave me an idea.... So where can I find cheap HPCs in Hungary? Perhaps I can buy some cheap ones over there...I have always wanted a J728...

Thanks for help, Cmonex.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 1:06 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, yeah.. but you should thank god that it isn't a worse problem.

about hard resetting:
i just reread the NEC manuals and they clearly say to wait at least one minute.. i think they have a good reason for it. so forget my 10 seconds i have the 900 only since Monday, so i don't know..

eheh a 728 in hungary? you must get very lucky to get one here. i was very very lucky. they're so rare here. and the 900's are rare too. it seems i just always look at the hungarian "ebay" just when there's a good deal. (if i can upgrade my 900, that was a good deal too for sure!) oh btw the 728 was 325$.. with every original accessory, papers, etc. etc.. even the original box.

but if you think you'd be happy with a jornada 720, you can get one now for 75$ in hungary. so, how about it?
it comes with serial cable and AC adapter, BUT it does not have a battery! they're from a company, who're just getting rid of their cool 720's.. i have no idea why the batteries aren't included.. but you can easily get one for 20-30$.
my 720 was 175$, a good deal also.. (with battery of course.. and cradle)

it seems people here in hungary just don't know anything about HPC's and their real values!
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 5:49 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

My goodness....its (J720) affordable! Will definitely have gotten it from you if I didnt have one... Is there a J728 available now? Hmmm I'm tempted to buy...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 8:47 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

yeah very affordable. but they might be soon out of stock. and then it will be forever. ...
as i said, 728 is very very rare here, i do not know of anyone else here in hungary who has a 728... i'm sooo alone.. on the other hand two of my acquaintances had a 900 at a time or so.. so i'd conclude the 728 is more rare here than the 900.
sorry
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 8:50 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

btw, have you found any solution about the soft reset issue? i remembered my jornadas will softreset if i remove the main battery while the hpc is on. so i've tried it with the 900.. guess what.. it hard reset itself. ehh
so i still can't help you with this..
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 11:23 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

well its rare to have a J720 here as well...J728 or MP900 forget about it! Thanks much for trying wrt the soft reset. There's a Japanese program "WinClose" and it has a soft reset option in it....however I have yet to try. But I doubt it will work.

Anyway I seem to encounter another problem...I'm going to scream!! Does your MP900 hang when you power it up? The touch screen just refuses to respond but the keyboard commands work...Just so peculiar...It seems to happen more often if I eject the PC card or the storage card and the next time I power up it just refuses to respond. I wonder what is the problem??And the 64MB RAM is not faring any better in terms of speed. I just hope my MP900 is not going the way like Ivan's!

I'm beginning to feel that my J720 is much much better than MP900. But then again I may have just gotten a not so good set....Sigh.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 12:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

eheh j720 is quite common here! so.. ah i see you already have one?

you're welcome, i was glad to try to help you. i didn't mind the hard reset, you know i can get the system up and running within two minutes

btw do you have the original NEC applications on the CD or in your machine's internal disk?
i'd be interested.. i never had them

and if you try winclose, and succeed with it, tell me!

uh-huh. i'm really getting nervous now.. is every MP900 going to be screwed? ???? seems like the jornadas are more reliable..
so.. no, mine doesn't do that. how do you solve it? do you try powering it off and on again, or...?
i'd like you to try something. of course only if you don't mind doing this: take the main battery off the 900 (backup battery can stay in) for a day or so, and run the machine strictly off AC. do you experience this problem then?
of course if it's too much of a trouble for you, i can understand that.

and again thanks for your reply in my thread about the 900 ROM!
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 10:26 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hmmmm...that makes two of us....I never had the NEC applications. Mine didnt come with the CD or the sync cable.

Ok will let you know if I succeeded (with Winclose)...

I will try that (using adapter without battery) when I dont have deadlines to meet. I suspect it is mytools.exe that caused the freeze. I removed it and it seems ok now. *Cross my finger* I will monitor it for a while.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh if it was only mytools, then OK try using gsbattmon_tsy, it's better than mytools if you want only battery monitoring.

i would still like to know how you solve it when the screen is frozen when powering up, how you "unfreeze" it

you mean you got only the machine itself? eh, if you find someone with the applications, tell me

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-04 11:19 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-06 5:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, if you want the applications from the NEC CD, i just acquired them from another 900 user. there's a backup utility too, it might help when you have to perform a hard reset instead of a soft reset..
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 9