x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sylvania 7" Tablet

1 2 3 4 5
H2OGuru Page Icon Posted 2011-06-26 1:37 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, buddy. I see an android tablet ing future with a keyboard case similiar to yours...

HG
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-23 3:48 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I found out today that Digital Gadgets released the Froyo update for my tablet!!! WOW what a difference...it is so much faster. More updates later.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-25 1:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Okay, in case anyone wanted to know. This update improved boot time (25 seconds), screen responsiveness, battery life (Over 6 hrs with wifi on the whole time), now there is a slide to unlock and turn off, the speed has increased for opening applications. Still no official market, however, I have found everything I need on the Amazon Market and Slide Me Market.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-07-27 12:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Yoldering, I have a question about the update-does it come only through the tablet itself, meaning no download on the site for installing from a memory card?
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-27 12:43 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes, only through the tablet's update...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-07-31 3:14 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

We came to the coast this weekend for a 4 day vacation and decided to only bring this little tablet. It has worked pretty well accept my wife stole it for the last two hours...I knew I should have brought her laptop. It has been on most of the day without being plugged in and still has over 20% left. Also, I am very happy I have this little keyboard case. It is really handy.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-07-31 5:55 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Lol, guess that 60 USD$ difference between that Sylvania netbook and the Sylvania tablet is mainly the battery life, as I barely get two hours out of the netbook lol. I do wish I had not gotten it, lol, but I guess it's okay. I guess the MobilePro has me loving the stylus thing+the better keyboard more. Though I guess if I never got that netbook, I may not've came back to CE, so who knows ?

Anyway, Yoldering thanks for the info on the system update via the in tablet. I guess I'm old school where I want the OS image backed up and not having to rely on a server that could be taken down--which as we know..happens..
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2011-07-31 6:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

My wife ended up nabbing a dell streak 7 from staples for my birthday a little early because they had a coupon for $100 off so it ended up being $198.99, and man what a difference between the cheapo android stuff I've been using.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-09-28 2:01 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Hey Tak, today the Amazon App Store has a free handwriting app that seems to work decently with a stylus.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2011-09-28 3:10 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ah thanks for the heads up. Although Amazon has not added support for Canada yet, so I am only considering tablets if they have official Android Marketplace.

I was only curious about the writing apps though. I have already finished school so I don't really need a notetaker anymore. Still, I had been reading reviews on the HTC Flyer and Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet, both use an "Ntrig" stylus and have built-in notetaking app. If I was still in school though, I might still stick with a Tablet PC until these Android notetaking apps get to the same level of features.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-11-14 12:23 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

For anyone who wants it, the Amazon App Store is offering Quickoffice Pro as their free app of the day today!!! It is a great office program and it is free!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 35