x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Adtec ADLINK 345 CF (Z-Com XI-825) drivers

[Frozen]
Frozen
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-04-26 10:39 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I have this Adtec ADLINK Wireless 802.11b CF card that came with the MobilePro 790 I got for my dad to use. I know is it PRISM-based and that it is basically a relabeled Z-Com XI-825 with a different card string. I downloaded the Z-Com drivers, installed them, and tried to use it, but Windows CE didn't recognize the card and typing in the driver name didn't work either. I know I can make this card work, I've heard about it working with CE 3.00 before. I just need to know how to get drivers that work. There are no Adtec drivers in the HCL.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-04-26 11:41 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Did you try the Intersil Prism 2.5 Reference drivers?
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-04-26 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I just tried it. It didn't recognize the card either. It is recognized by the H/PC, but the H/PC doesn't know what it is and gives you the familiar message telling you you've inserted an unknown PC card. The Prism driver, like the Z-Com one, just said that it couldn't find the card even when it was inserted.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-04-27 1:34 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Here's some more information about the strings from a support wiki for Prism cards:

The Adtec ADLINK 354CF is a relabeled XI-825 which has the same manfid but different card strings: (from 'cardctl ident') "ADLINK", "345 CF", ""

I don't know what a manifest ID is or a card string, but it seems that if I make the H/PC think that this Adtec card is a Z-Com card by changing the strings mentioned, it would work. The wiki didn't have any mention of Windows CE, so I'm not sure if either of these terms apply here. I'm just trying to provide possible helpful information.

If someone can come up with a driver for this card that works with PPC 2000, I would also accept that, being that my dad doesn't desperately need the internet and that it may not work at his workplace, depending on the encryption. As long as I can find a home for this card, it's okay.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2011-04-27 1:45 AM
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9