x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

ActiveSynch Restore Bind

Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-07-01 10:20 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, All,

I'm in a pickle. I had to hard reset my J-720. I've restore a backup, but upon connecting with my desktop, ActiveSynch 3.7 is freaked out by the J's restored Contacts and Calendar. AS says I have 1733 unresolved items.

What I'd like to do is simply restore my Outlook 2000 Contacts and Calendar over my contacts and calendar on my 720.

Overwriting on the 720 is FINE. How to do this with without getting 1733 duplicates or some other untoward effect?

Many thanks,
Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 6:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

First thing to do is to backup your Outlook PST *just in case*
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0078.asp

Contacts are easy to clear, just select all and delete them. Calendar though aren't.
On the host delete the ActiveSync profile for the deivce.

Reconnect it and get the partnership wizard up, specify that you only want to sync with the one computer then when you get to see the sync options, deselect all of then (inbox, calendar, contacts, tasks etc) . Finish the wizard.

Tools > Options Sync Mode > Manual
Rule > Always replace items on my device

Now just go back to Sync Options and select calendar

OK that and hit the sync button, with any luck items will be replaced on the device. Once you're sure the calendar is alright, the rest is fairly straightforward.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 10:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Chris,

You saved my life. Your clear, step-by-step instructions worked perfectly, and spared me the DAYS of going through my contacts and calendar and deleting duplicates and rearranging dates.

That sound you hear is me, groveling in homage to your expertise

Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-02 3:14 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks, I'm glad to be of service

Although don't be surprised if Clint gives you an Admin warning for breaking his magnum opus rule - giving me a big head
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.139 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8