x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WinCE 4.1 and .NET Compact Framework 2

ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-05-02 9:59 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Is there a way to install .NET CF 2 (or CF2 SP1) on a WinCE4.1 device? I was trying to use some applications that require "mscoree.dll". Digging a bit on the internet I figured out that this dll is related to .NET CF 2.0. I tried to install this using the microsoft provided instalation cab but it gives an error at the end and doesn't seems to install the needed dll. What is the right cab to install? Where can I get it?

Thanks!

PS: The app I was trying to open is PocketDiablo (see http://www.jamesbeckingham.com.au/Diablo.aspx ). If anyone here used that before and have tricks about how using it on a HPC, please share your findings.

PS2: Executabilitycheck gives "doesn't match CPU type", but I think that this error is normal for CF2 applications, isn't?
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2011-05-02 10:05 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Does it require running wceload or something like that first?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 8:13 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've reported this problem before with installing .NET CF 2.0 in CE 4.1, and I've yet to hear a working solution.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 9:20 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you manually extract the DLL what are the PE header version numbers in it?
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 3:01 PM
#
H/PC Elite

That's the weirdiest error I've ever seen on WinCE. I got the NETCFv2.wce4.ARMV4.CAB file from Microsoft. It seems that is a specific version for WinCE4.x. I hard-reseted my Sig3 thinking that it may be a problem with MUI or other software. But even after hard-reseted it was giving me a japanese error message at the end of the CAB instalation. I then installed the English MUI and tried to install de CF2.0 again. The error was something like there is not enought space to install (?!?). I had nothing installed on my Sig and had about 35MB for storage memory and 35MB for program memory. I increased the storage memory for about 45MB but still the same error. I then opened a window showing the \windows directory and realized that during instalation it copies the files to the right places, and then when it gives the error message and I click OK the instalation deletes the files it has copied.

So I did a trick: I tapped to install CF2.0 and then when it gave me the error msg, before I tap OK, I installed the .CAB again. Interestingly the .CAB was installed at the second time WITHOUT any error!! But if I tap on the OK at the first install error msg the system deletes all the files. So instead of tapping the OK, I reseted my device. This way, it seems that CF2.0 was installed.

Then I tried to run PocketDiablo. It doesn't gives missing dll's error anymore, but doesn't do anything at all. So I realized that disabling RedGear may help. With RedGear disabled (I installed RedGear after the CF2.0 instalation) PocketDiablo stays loading for a while and then gives some specific CF2.0 error, giving funcion names that I don't know anymore what it was.

I think that I should try another CF2.0 application to test if my attempt to install it was sucessfull.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-03 4:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try something simple like the .net version of StopWatch:
http://www.c-amie.co.uk/qlink/?id=47
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2011-05-04 2:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

WEIRD! The software from camie works!! Is it really CF2.0?? (because WinCE4.1 comes with CF1.0 built-in doesn't)?

PS: I also had to disable redgear to make it run. When RedGear was activated, double-tapping the app just did nothing...
PS2: I will reinstall an older version of PocketDiablo (v0.4) and see if it works.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8