x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Activesync 3.8 network partnership help

Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 7:32 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Ok, just because I'm looney - I'm trying to set up an activesync connection between my MP780 (with 790 rom hence posting here) and an XP virtual machine on my desktop. Since my machine has no serial ports (and I've managed to lose the cable anyway), I'm wanting to do the whole bit via a network connection. My question;

Is it possible to establish a partnership without first connecting via a serial port?

I've read up in the support area about "backing up and restoring a partnership" but that doesn't help me as this is a new partnership. Thanks for any ideas here as I'm thinking I may be SOL. The only other thing I think may work, is to setup another old laptop that has an IR port, establish the partnership, backup the registry and files and then move the whole shebang over to the virtual machine. That's a ton of work, but I may have an old machine laying around to do it.

Thanks!!

-Cyberstorm
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 8:49 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

"Establish", no, copy one over, yes, write one into the registry, yes.

I thought I'd written a CESD outlining how... but I can't see it. I must have lost it in the ether.I'll have a look.
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2011-05-19 10:22 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I'll have to fire up the old laptop and see what I can get set up and try the copy trick. Appreciate it!

(here's hoping it has the IR port that I think it does...)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9