x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Re-badged Toshiba PC Card HDDs

CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 3:55 AM
#
Okay, we all know the Toshiba PC Card HDDs work fine on all Windows CE and Windows Mobile devices (although the earlier Windows CE devices won't last long on battery power alone...), but what about the re-badged versions?

The re-badged Toshiba PC Card HDDs should be just as compatible as the Toshiba versions, shouldn't they?
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 4:04 AM
#
The particular model I'm looking at is 5GB and distributed by a company called "CHM" (or something similar); it's the ONLY PC Card HDD featured on MobilePlanet under their Storage-->PC Card HDDs category...

The description mentions Handheld PCs, but doesn't expressly state that it is compatible; I would imagine that seeing as it's EXACTLY the same hardware as the Toshiba version, it would be compatible...

But I was hoping someone could confirm.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 10:48 PM
#
Anyone, someone?
 Top of the page
Zapper Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 12:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Don't know about CHM, but the Kingston 5gb PCMCIA hard drive works just fine on MP780/880.
 Top of the page
CybaCowboy
CybaCowboy Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 1:48 AM
#
In THEORY it SHOULD work though, right?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 7:21 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it's a rebadge then the only difference will be the sticker and PnP ID. Neither of which matter here.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9