x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any way to open pocket excel files in Excel 2007?

aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 5:22 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I had an unexpected surprise when I saw Office in Windows CE 2.0 can't save like desktop office files like HPC 2000 and likely previous versions and Pocket PCs also could.

I guess there's no way to update the 700 to save in desktop format or is there?

Otherwise, is there a way to open the pocket excel files in excel 2007? It currently doesn't work, so I guess I would need a sort of plug in.
Otherwise I can always do the conversion on the MP900 from pocket excel to normal excel but I hope there's an easier way.

Thanks
 Top of the page
Richard Plume Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 5:48 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I think you're going have to move to Bye Design's SpreadCE. It's a much better speadsheet. You can find it at http://www.byedesign.co.uk/

Rick

Edited by Richard Plume 2011-05-24 5:49 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 8:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Saving in XLS format (instead of PXL) became available in H/PC Pro (CE 2.11). You can convert PXLs from a CE 2.0 device to XLS on the PC by putting them in the \My Documents folder and then connecting via ActiveSync. ActiveSync will automatically convert the files as they are copied to the PC.
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 9:06 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I can't use ActiveSync on these old devices as I use Windows 7 (I do use an XP emulator for "emergency syncs" when no other options are available, but would never use that highly complex method on a regular basis). Or is there a way to sync these with Windows 7? That would be great.

I don't think it's worth installing spread CE, excel is more than what I need on my 700, it would just be useful to be able to view it on my desktop without having to pass through the 900 to do the conversion on excel there.

BTW, I was shocked when I got my Casio E-15 to NOT see Office installed on it, I didn't remember CE 2.11 not having office. Was it available as a download to add it or did palm size PCs never have office? I would swear I had office on my Casio E-100, but then again that was 12 years ago.

Edited by aab 2011-05-24 9:08 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 11:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

The Pocket Office suite and Pocket Internet Explorer were left off the Palm-size PC - a couple of good reasons why the platform didn't last.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-05-24 11:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you have Windows 7 Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate you can use XP Mode to transparently perform the sync. You can also use MS Convert to change between pocket office and office formats, but that requires libraries from ActiveSync.

Search for convert in the download section if you want that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 27