x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

I'm an HPC Fanatic again!!! (Possibly not for long)

1 2 3 4 5
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-08-15 11:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

MobilePro Master - 2011-08-14 10:49 PM

I am as of a couple days ago. I was just trying to see if maybe your dad was saying no because he would have to organize the shipping himself. Putting them in storage is a good idea though so when you're older you can deal with them, and at least they're not in a dump.
I have no idea what to do now so I'll just leave the devices alone and expect nothing to come out of them in the future, I might have a go at asking my father to ship to you (he didn't refuse that was just an exaggeration) but I know NOTHING about how this all works no matter how easy it may be and am not confident enough that it's going to work (as usual). In the end of the day I'll just forget about it like the my so many plans that have never got off the ground, I can only assume that it's never going to happen. I just feel like I'm in an awkward situation.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-12-10 9:23 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Well it's been awhile, but I figured that as I have just bought a 750GB external HDD to dump all my video projects on, I figured that I might be able to install Windows XP on one of the empty partitions on my ThinkPad T510 (I have just discovered that there are drivers that support it on Lenovo's website. Then at least the Jornada would be back up and running again. But, as with any of my plans, take it with a pinch of salt for now.

Edited by Paspie 2011-12-10 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-10 9:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you're using Windows 7 have you thought about using XP Mode to install ActiveSync into?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-12-10 10:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

C:Amie - 2011-12-10 9:55 AM

If you're using Windows 7 have you thought about using XP Mode to install ActiveSync into?
I've got Windows 7 Home which does not support XP Mode.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-12-10 11:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Actually Windows Virtual PC (2009) does run on the non-basic versions of 7 home. You can use your own XP license with that. You don't get a free one with it.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-12-11 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

With a seperate install it is easier to get all the hardware working properly.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-01-06 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well that didn't happen, so we're back to square one: the possibility of selling them. What should I do? Is anyone here interested in snapping up my three slabs of plastic? I know MobilePro Master was, for a tiny little speaker on the Sharp, but he/she seems to have stopped posting lately. The opportunity does seem to have risen though as I've understood more and more about how the world works.

The top part of my signature has stayed the same for about a year. I know there are members here who might be interested, maybe I should put up a new thread on HPC Bay. It's just of case of when.

Anyone have two cents? Thanks

Edited by Paspie 2012-01-06 10:39 PM
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-01-07 12:10 AM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I'm still lurking around, you won't get away that easily!

I would still be interested in the Sharp. Mine is still waiting patiently to have a voice.

For future reference, I'm a guy.

Edited by MobilePro Master 2012-01-07 12:12 AM
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2012-01-08 12:18 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

MP master Just take apart a old cellphone and use the speaker from it.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-01-09 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I did...twice, too small. The other one I have is too big, plus I could use the hinge from Paspie's, that's why I took the thing apart in the first place.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-11 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Well here's the final nail in the coffin for my former HPC interest: I am about to sell my old laptop. That is currently the oldest PC in my room and the only one I could fit besides my current ThinkPad, but I have used it too little since I replaced it so it has got to go. I have spurred off into a tangent with vintage hifi equipment (more specifically cassettes and I need more money for that. I have dug out the old Sharp HC-4500 and here's some pics if MobilePro Master is interested in snapping it up, and if anyone else is just interested generally. Everything is pictured except the cardboard inserts.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/8lH18.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2boUR.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VGbU3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UyhLE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hdl6d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/54Lks.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Paspie 2012-02-11 9:01 PM
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 11:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

On the upside I got my Jornada running again. I got dialup working, the wireless card out, and successfully installed Redgear and the trial of Opera Mobile 8.65. Quackenchat also works, I'm using IRC chat more and more and its great for that. Maybe I'll fix up the Ericsson, buy a dialup modem for it and try it out with that...I'm not sure yet.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 12:30 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

In a previous post you said the HC4500 was "broken." Do you know what the problem is or does it just not turn on?
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

On the second day I had it, the display went dead. It would turn on but nothing would show up on the screen. I figured it might be a loose cable connection so I attempted to disassemble the device, which I did unsuccessfully (was a service manual ever released? There's no freakin' screws on the bottom). In the process several of the fascia buttons and the open mechanism fell out of the case, so I decided to put it aside for a while until I could do something with it. I then realized the display was actually working in the first place, its just that the switch on the base was set to removing batteries not the fully operation setting. So now I'm a bit annoyed because if I had not tried to disassemble it (I cannot put those switches back in now) it perhaps would have been a decent device to get working again just by rebuilding the battery.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 5:04 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm in need of a Torx 6 screwdriver; the smallest I've got is a Torx 8 and that is just not good enough for an HP 360LX or Jornada 720.

I've realised that behind the warranty seal there is a screw on the Ericsson. I'll undo that and hope that it all comes apart and I can fix that stupid PC Card slot!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.406 - Cached queries : 54 - Executed queries : 27