x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

irc with jornada 680?

Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 12:22 PM
#
I have been unable to find an irc program that will work with my 680... anybody have any luck with this? I can get IrcCE to connect to a server, but when I try to enter a room, it either crashes or does absolutely nothing.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-04 1:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

are you sure you installed the right version?
hey it works even on my ce 2.0 MC16 (and jornada 720, 728, MP 900), it should on your 680 too..

oh i just realized you were already able to run the program.. which server were you trying to connect to? i'll test it, just tell me

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-04 1:12 PM
 Top of the page
Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 4:09 AM
#
for some reason i can't seem to connect to any of the undernet servers and have only been able to get onto EFNet via irc.choopa.net:6667 ... many of the other ones i have tried just don't work, either refusing due to lack of ident, or boots me right after it asks for version info. the program crashing i think i figured out though. i'm guessing that it is due to anti - flood... perhaps it would be better to compile a list of servers will let me connect in the first place...
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 6:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, i've tested it for you now, and as i use efnet.demon.co.uk if i go on efnet, i tried this server, and ircce works great with it. of course there wasn't an ident response, nor a version reply, when it was requested from ircce, but they on efnet didn't seem to mind.
tell me a specific server that doesn't work for you, please. "all of the undernet servers" isn't specific enough because how can you be sure you've tried all of them?
 Top of the page
Darus77
Darus77 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 11:49 PM
#
i tried connecting to the 18 servers listed on the undernet page, but none will let me even connect. i am sure there are more, but i gave up after that.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-06 5:43 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok. i tried amsterdam.nl.undernet.org and it let me connect but didn't like my username, so i changed it according to their rules. it let me connect then but when i tried to join some room, ircce exited. maybe because the room doesn't exist at all (it was just a random name), i'll have to find one that really exists.

guess i'm lucky, the servers i use daily, let me connect and everything works..

you can try the java irc on henri's page (handheld attitude). it is free, and if you have a java vm for your hpc, it should work fine. i'm not sure if the 680 can run a jvm, thhough...

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-06 5:46 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.267 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28