x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-01 7:49 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

I was thinking about the same thing. Like a piece of wet plastic that is placed on top then pushed down to make a new point. (Fiberglass being placed onto cars comes into mind)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-02 10:19 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I was thinking something less likely to fracture into a razor sharp blade – rubber-esque just not as cohesive.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-02 7:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yeah, at that point though it would be cheaper ($5-12) for another stylus. I spent more than that on sandpaper (grr...).
 Top of the page
Image911 Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 12:40 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Fellows, it might be best to apply a finish to the end of the newly sanded styli tip, as it is clearly soft and easily worn. A harty nail polish - available in nearly ANY color - is good, as are Testor modeling enamel paints. One Caviot - LET IT DRY (cure) for at least a week... else you'll have more to concern your selves with than just a 1.5" scratch.

Just an idea.
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 12:43 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Excellent suggestion! I've not thought about that at all.

Top of the page
programsynthesiser
programsynthesiser Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 4:11 PM
#
Good idea. I'll try that.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2004-12-07 5:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I knew that Sandy would be "The Man" to ask
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-08 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Alas, it is saran wrap not ceramwrap.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2004-11-28 9:07 AM

You need a screen protector
http://www.hpcfactor.com/reviews/editorial/protecting-your-hpc-2002/

Ok, how about a wild longshot here <insert health and safety message> fumes etc.

Depending on the type of plastic it is could you not obtain a smooth point by heating / melting / moulding it back into a tip?
It'll probably make a horrific mess, but thats about the best way to get a smooth edge - if you've wrecked the stylus already, you've not all that much to loose. <insert health and safety message>

Hahah, well - I decided to try that...well, I didn't expect the tip to combust into what I think was purple flame like it did...hehe. So - any ideas on making a new tip?
 Top of the page
itsmoot Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 3:59 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I know this is an old discussion, but beware the so-called "Jornada 720" styli from eXpansys (aka MobilePlanet.com), they're not the right styli. I recently found this out the hard way:
http://www.geocities.com/mootwalker@sbcglobal.net/MOBILEPLANETSTYLUS.HTML

Now I'm out return shipping costs which eXpansys refused to reimburse me. Its easy to see why they (under their Mobile Planet alias) only rate a 2.5 out of 5 on epinions. Wish I'd checked there first.

Usedhandhelds.com has 2 packs of genuine HP styli on their website, I REALLY wish I'd checked there first
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 5:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Wish I'd gone there first too. I ordered mine directly from HP (and paid top dollar for them) shortly after I got my 680.
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-02-05 2:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

DON'T USE SANDPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The abrasive particles will become embedded in the tip!!!!!!!!
You can "burnish" a tip by rubbing on a piece of glass or hard leather.

Keep in mind this will not remove any embedded "dust" or grit.

Another tip, is use "Cee Bailey's" PREMIUM AIRCRAFT WINDSHIELD CLEANER AND POLISH, on a regular basis. Phone number- 323-837-1497.

This stuff is amazing! I started using on a Rockwell Commander windshield and tried it on my motorcycles. From there I tried it on a laptop screen and now my PPC and H/PC's. It will hide all but the worst "solitaire scratches" and lasts up to a couple of months.

So far I have used it on my Nec, Dell and Jornadas with absolutely no ill effects, YMMV, O.K.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 4:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

itsmoot - 2006-02-05 8:59 AM

I know this is an old discussion, but beware the so-called "Jornada 720" styli from eXpansys (aka MobilePlanet.com), they're not the right styli. I recently found this out the hard way:
http://www.geocities.com/mootwalker@sbcglobal.net/MOBILEPLANETSTYLUS.HTML

Now I'm out return shipping costs which eXpansys refused to reimburse me. Its easy to see why they (under their Mobile Planet alias) only rate a 2.5 out of 5 on epinions. Wish I'd checked there first.

Usedhandhelds.com has 2 packs of genuine HP styli on their website, I REALLY wish I'd checked there first

Have Trading Standards seen the page? Because if it doesn't meet the orignal specifications, does not look anything like the orignal and is listed incorrectly, then talk to Trading standards or any selling/buying governing body.
http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/callist.cgi

They can actually be fined for that. (I know, its US based, but they have a branch in the UK)

Almost knowing my rights, if they refuse and you have a supporting case, I would warn them that you will be settling it with another body. If they still don't listen, go ahead and cotact TS. They'll sort it out from there.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-08 7:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Good tip about the aircraft polish. I'm sure my pilot friends have some of it around. I'll use it on my Casio to try get rid of those nasty solitaire marks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-09 12:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Very worrying. What exactly have eXpansys had to say on the topic?
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 14