x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Another fix for loose MobilePro 700 screen.

aab Page Icon Posted 2011-06-26 10:58 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I know I had a thread about this and I looked in every forum and can't find it.

As I said in that other thread, my MP700's screen was really loose when I got it and the epoxy fix didn't help. Now I noticed the auto on/off on li open/clsoe was no longer working, I later noticed it's the screen part that was prying itself open. After a few tried I managed to pop off that long thin plastic cover over the screen hinge and the left screw was almost completely out. I tightened it and now it auto suspend works again, and for the first time my MP700's screen feels like new.

It was annoying having a screen that was practically dangling off the keyboard and really had me worried about how long this would last. Luckly I found the root of the problem before it got too late, I wish I had tried to open that narrow cover before.

Anyway just thought I'd let anyone know because the problem can be due to the screen screws also, not just the bottom screens.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-06-26 11:04 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Good find, thanks for sharing
 Top of the page
aab Page Icon Posted 2011-06-26 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Sorry for all the typos I posted that late at night and now the edit option is gone.
 Top of the page
lkg Page Icon Posted 2024-02-07 5:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

@aab what did you use to pop open the hinge compartment? What end/part of the strip did you start with?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10