x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Should HPC:Factor have a Palm-Size PC Forum?

1 2 3
Should HPC:Factor have a Palm-Size PC Forum?
OptionResults
Yes, we should have a support forum for PsPC
No, we should not have a support forum for PsPC

Paianni Page Icon Posted 2012-09-24 11:27 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure anything would make much of a difference considering how far the popularity of the WinCE community has declined. Stay on HPCs exclusively for as long as you possibly can C:Amie, if it is modernised than don't leave all of this great site's past behind like the PocketPC and XDA forums have.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-09-25 8:14 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Rich Hawley - 2012-09-24 2:08 PM

My question is would the Palm-size unit area be limited to Palm-sized pcs, or would they include pocketpcs? Is there a difference technically?

Or is it just general acceptance that there is some cutt-off where one ended and the other began?

Well, if we were to go there, Rich, the cutoff point seems pretty clear: when Microsoft abandoned the desktop-like (and H/PC-like) interface in favor of the silly, upside-down, Palm-like Pocket PC layout.
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-10-29 2:35 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Well, I guess the issue is mainly about semantics..."off-topic" as opposed to a devoted support area. Either way, I think people's answers are seen regardless. The question is if dedicating a Palm-sized PC forum would open a can of worms--i.e. the CESD, HCL, HPC Update---if people think 'Well they have their own forum section, why are they not in the support section?!' I'm just of course being hypothetical here, bringing my thoughts to the table. XDA has I think always will to a certain extent always cover WIndows Mobile--the HTC HD2 in my opinion is a huge reason--so I agree with CE Geek on that.

Side-note: I don't feel anyone 'abandoned' discussion of this topic, I just think we all got busy..
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2012-10-29 2:54 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

And far be it from me to be labeled anti-semantic.

You actually had a good Palm-size PC forum on your old site, torch - I was disappointed when I couldn't track it down in archive.org. (Same thing for stingraze's incarnation of hpcnut.co.uk.)
torch Page Icon Posted 2012-10-29 3:14 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

CE Geek, in a way, I was agreeing with you. Off-topic seems to be an acceptable option as regardless if forum is called Off-topic or 'PS/PC', I think support would still be received--as we can manage. But the pandora's box with the HCL/CESD --would people "expect" support? Forum section=place in support database? I'm just trying to envision how everything would happen--positive or negative..

As for that forum, much of the information was gathered from PocketPCFaq.com..
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.195 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 13