x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A whole bunch of questions from a noob.

NolanSmith Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I was wondering if a PCMCIA device that had both WIFI and bluetooth in the same module existed. I'm using the Microsoft MN-520 right now and it works okay, but I need a way to select the access points I can connect to. MiniStumbler won't launch for me...

I have a Jornada 720, and I've love to have both of them to use. I haven't had any luck finding one, and they may not exist.

More.

What's the maximum size CF card the 720 can address? I've got a 128 in there now, is that enough? I doubt it.

Also, what browser is everyone using? Just sticking with the IE 4?

Is there a different media player I should be using?

Is there any way to browse network resources without knowing the hostname of the computer?

ALSO, (I'm a newb and I'm full of questions) is it possible to find the newer versions of Pocket PC...and if so, can I upgrade the Jornada 720 with them? I have a Jornada 568 and it would be cool to use the newer versions of Pocket PC on the 720. Currently I have H/PC 2000.

Thanks everyone, sorry its a lot but I'm really curious and I want to get some info as I've just been lurking for some time.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-05 9:18 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Welcome,

The answer is no, combi's don't exist, certainly not on a 16-bit bus specification.

CF = 32GB

PIE4's the only option unless you want to hack netfront

That's up to personal taste, there is a winamp clone, betaplayer (video) or hum amongst others.

Try total commander of resco file explorer, they may improve your network support prospects to a level you're happy with.

The 720 has 0, no, zilch ROM upgrade potential as it has a single write ROM.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9