x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Changing the OS from a VIa 8650 7" netbook

[Frozen]
1 2 3 4
Frozen
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 12:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

If i get the 8650,between here and china,and it dont doit for me, i'll settle for a 300mhz ce5 netbook for $100 and set the sights higher than ce.
 Top of the page
Thecatmilton Page Icon Posted 2012-02-02 4:23 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Rftm, The file isnt downloading properly and um... ...That file sharing site has some interesting adds showing up too.

(odd 2.bmp)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments odd 2.bmp (25KB - 2 downloads)
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 9:43 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Jake, pocketConsole and cmd running on touchDiamond 6.1 with Reg entry Drivers/Console/OutputTo = 0 using these versions www.walkingrandomly.com/?p=22 There may be hope for 8650 yet.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-03 10:22 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Successfully compiled example program using pocketGCC 1.5 on 6.1 , yawn, wheres the shine, must be with the 8650
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 1:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

To uninstall command prompt remove console.dll, pocketCMD.exe and pocketConsole.cpl from Windows folder.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 3:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ya know theres a lot of ce6 machines out there and more being made every day, mabey china bypassed wm7, cheap and functional, ce mustbe able to crap all over android (i only got android for ce)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I need to get one of these machines, what with the flashing ability. Too scared to play much w/ my TinyBook, though I did finally get a WinMo RSS feeder to work on WinCE 6.0.

Jake
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 5:03 PM
#
H/PC Elite

RTFM, the newer link isn't working... it downloads a 200kb file that probably is not your entire 8650's linux =D
 Top of the page
RTFM Page Icon Posted 2012-02-04 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Woofiles must have gotten overloaded and they decided to limit my file.
For now there is an alternate link posted by someone who turned it into a 2gb.img file for windows users to use. Until i get another mirror you can get it from here:
http://www.techknow.t0xic.nl/forum/index.php?topic=1418.0

@Jake: If i recall that specific zaurus textmaker only runs in opie/qtopia and not x11 sadly. That's ok though as abiword w/plugins and gnumeric work just as well.

Cheers
 Top of the page
bitras12 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-11 12:52 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

CE Geek - 2011-12-27 5:38 AM

If it's like the 8505, you just copy the \script8650 folder onto the root of the SD card. (I assume you don't need to change the name of \script8650 to just \script, though trying that can't hurt if it doesn't autorun with the original name.) I'm wondering if it isn't really an 8650 - I haven't seen one rated as slow as 350MHz. Even if it is, though, it might require more than one attempt - we've seen this with a few folks' 8505s.

TO ALL THE GEEKS OF CE 6.0

I never succeed to install Android OS in the place of WIN CE 6.0 in the VIA ARM-WM 8650. 7" Net book

I can not under stand how can I Install the OS in the NET BOOK.

The configuration is as follows:

this is a China make Mini netbook:
Processor Type: WMT ARM-WM8650 CPU
Processor Clock Speed: 600 MHz
Processor/Manufacturer: WM
Processor Model: VIA ARM-WM8650
RAM Installed Size: 256 MB
Wireless Connection: Wifi 802.11 /g
Netbook Model: 901
Operating System: WinCE 6.0(build 3122)
Complaints:
1) Internet browsing is not working.
2) ActiveSync is not responding
3) Skype isn't activating.
4)YouTube doesn't work!
Good points:
1) Picture Viewer OK
2) WIFI Connecting with my BSNL network "ITI" with excellent signal but the Internet Explorer is not opening sites always shows "the page can not be displayed" with can not find server
3) Sound playback good
4) MS office & PDF files can be opened abut the Foxit reader is trial version
5)USB drive compatible - files opened from 16GB pendrive

HOW CAN I CONNECT TO INTERNET through my WIFI or LAN connection as these are most of need all the above 6 compliants.. If tried to install any Application alerts That this application is not a WINCE compatible application. And tried to Change the OS to Android by inserting SD Card with Android on boot up. No use. Even an alert is not came out.
While the IE browser shows "the page can not be displayed" with can not find server, in the status bar I found "Local Intra net". But I found in my desk top at the same instance while opening I found "INTERNET" what is the difference. More over all the IE, Skype, Messenger and youtube used to funtion well. but now they are not accessing the INTERNET. Hence, Please suggest me to rectify the Internet Problem

Or
Guide in detail to install the other OS in the place of WIN CE 6.0
Please help me
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2012-02-11 2:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

bitras12

Try connecting your netbook with a wired ethernet connection and see what happens, see if your browser works then.

If so, then reflash your netbook with CE6 again and see if problems go away. Make sure you use flash for 8650 and not 8505 and see if it makes any difference.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 9:48 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well got the 8650. My software runs, cke cab imstalls and runs, griff and syntrax installs but wont run, GSFinder wont install but runs when copied manually, cmd  is pre installed and runs but mamiachs compiler encounters error during compile (i havnt worked at it yet so i may still get it working)
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 9:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

My 8650 came with CE6 installed and my signal strength is excelent as well , there must be an option somewhere were not doing as they wouldn't sell a wifi netbook with faulty wifi.
 Top of the page
nw00 Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well posting from the 8650, dont know what i did, only resetup connection with hotspot.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2012-02-14 6:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Glad to hear that things are coming together for your new machine.

Jake
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 13