x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The Philips Nino 500 is an awesome palm size pc for business use

aab Page Icon Posted 2011-10-03 2:16 PM
#
H/PC Elite

My color Philips Nino 500 has hands down become my everyday organizer, for business use it's better than the Casio E-100, I love that it comes with Calligrapher in ROM (which I still haven't found for my other palm size pcs, does anyone know where I can find it? I had even purchased it back then), and comes with a very efficient voice recognition program.

I have my todo lists and appointments/reminders in it and it helps me stay organized, I much prefer it for this purpose than my Windows Phone 7.5 (since today, I just installed the mango update).

Even though the screen is the DSTN, it looks better than the Casio E-100 screen's in some ways, the whites are whiter (they seem pink in comparison on the E-100). the buttons are also placed in the way that you can access them all with the same hand with which you are holding it. The docking cradle connection is also practically indestructible compared to the E-100 which is very fragile. I also love that it can run on AA batteries, in fact it's the only color Palm size PC that can.

It's no where near as fast as the Casio E-100 though, it's only 75 MHz just like the grayscale Nino so it can take half a second to draw a screen compared to near instant on the 131 Mhz E-100.

The E-100 is much better for music (the Nino is only mono), games (due to the gamepad style buttons) and multimedia due to the 16 bit screen and faster processor.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 11