x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Spy Cameras

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 2:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

One of our recent spammers recently wrote: Today, maddening and stomach-turning crimes happen everywhere. Bank robbery, murder, arson, burglary and any other kinds of crime are widespread and uncontrolled anywhere in the world. With a spy camera, there will be a great possibility that these crimes may not just be eradicated but they will be dramatically reduced and minimized.Plainclothesmen with concealed cameras, student police cadets and public-minded mobile phone users will help the city police spot crime better this Onam, senior officials say.

It is in fact an interesting gadget. The device is generally situated in areas that need intense security. These places include hospitals, airports, banks, shopping malls and military offices. The gadget is certainly beneficial to these places to keep an eye to any acts of terrorism and any other crimes. A mini spy camera is completely purposeful at home and even in your business establishments or your workplace. Many people aim for an intense security at home. It is actually attached to any place in the house to monitor everything inside and out. Usually, security guards are hired to watch over your house, however unlike this gadget, they only have 2 eyes to do the job.

And Solidus replied:
I don't usually reply to spam threads (forgive me mods) but I keep wondering why anyone today needs a "spy cam"? Nearly all of us has a cellphone. And nearly all those cellphones already have a camera which not only can take still pictures, but video with audio as well. You're a bit too late espowsong, about 20 years too late.

I use a spy cam myself. I'm often gone from my house for a month or two at a time traveling...so I leave a spycam running in the background, sending pictures of my home to a remote FTP site. That way any time anyone walks into my home while I am gone, I have a record of their intrusion. It helps the police to capture the invader, and at the least verifies with my insurance company what happened in my absense.

Anyone else use spycams?
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

You mean a surveillance camera?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 3:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Well I guess it is a surveilance camera, but it is hidden inside of a wall clock and sends pictures to my 50X15 which then forwards the image to my ftp site where I can view it remotely. It is a motion sensing camera, so it doesn't turn on unless movement is detected. When it does sense movement, it then captures an image every 10 seconds.

But since it is concealed, doesn't that qualify it as a spycam?
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 3:29 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

It does. But when people say "spy cam" I kinda figure they're meaning this:

Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 3:51 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I remember buying a spy camera from the back of one of my comicbooks in the early 1960s. It was a little thing that took grainy photos...and you couldn't find replacement film for it once you used up the 3 rolls that came with it. All b&w of course...
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 4:00 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Funny thing about that photo is that most new regular cameras are smaller than that...
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-04 4:10 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I have a 8 camera night vision dvr system currently in the closet i was using for "ghost hunting" before our group split..

Edited by thcrw739 2011-10-04 4:11 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11