x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Oh oh...a bad omen perhaps?

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 5:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

For the last several years I've noticed a pattern here at HPCFactor.

During the summer months, the forums are pretty slow. And to be expected. Everyone is out having a good time doing things other than playing with their HPCs.

Then during the fall, once school resumes, action picks up...more conversation, more interest....

Except this year...the forum seems more lethargic than in the past. I sure hope this isn't a sign of times to come...I don't know where I would go to get my daily HPC fix....

Sure hope I don't see the day where the forums will consist of C:Amie, CEGeek, and myself talking about the old days....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 5:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

wouldn't be a bad conversation.

We need more flashback reviews and guides; give people an incentive to come.
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I'm always lurking, but just never been much of the poster.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 6:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Don't worry too much...once the whole Android tablet/i-pad/exc... craze calms down a little, things will go back to normal.

Edited by Yoldering 2011-10-11 6:27 PM
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 7:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I visit at least once a day. Couldn't live without my HPC:Factor fix. I'd post more, but currently I'm on an HPC break after getting a Palm M515. I'm also closing down my old website/blog/failed experiment and instead will eventually be posting some Youtube videos here on the forums from various devices.
 Top of the page
MobilePro Master Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 8:54 PM
#
Avatar image of MobilePro Master
H/PC Philosopher

I still come every day, and there surely will be a lot of posts from me when I get that Intermec thing started. I'm just procrastinating, not wanting to ruin another half-good HPC.
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 8:58 PM
#
H/PC Elite

What ever happened to mypalmtop.info Solidus? The site's just not there anymore.

I suppose it's now been 10 years since Microsoft essentially dropped support so naturally there are many members who have left since HPC's just don't fit their lifestyle anymore in a world of tablets and smartphones and Android, over the last few years. I am still a big fan of the devices but I just can't tinker with them the way I used to and I don't have the time. I really want to see a new device, at least a replacement for the Psion 5MX. I don't have anything that I can review for this site (maybe npopuk? ). So for now they'll sit in my cupboard.

Edited by Paspie 2011-10-11 9:05 PM
 Top of the page
PDXMark Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 10:49 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I visit at least twice a day, but like others don't post very often. For most questions there are other members with way more experience and expertise than I'll ever have. But I do need my fix every day, and I'm always hopeful that someone will post about a previously-unknown piece of software or something else that will help keep our HPCs useful.

I've tried several times to switch from HPCs to other devices, but I always come back because of the uniqueness of the form factor. I have an iPAQ 110 from work, and I recently picked up a Galaxy S android phone, and while they have their uses, I still use an HPC for most of my needs.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2011-10-11 11:33 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

PDXMark - 2011-10-11 9:49 PM

I visit at least twice a day, but like others don't post very often. For most questions there are other members with way more experience and expertise than I'll ever have. But I do need my fix every day, and I'm always hopeful that someone will post about a previously-unknown piece of software or something else that will help keep our HPCs useful.

I'm with you on that, PDXMark, I totally understand what you mean.

I think a lot of the time though, things overlap oddly here, say, someone will come back for a bit, while someone else was gone, then it goes all vice versa. I'm going to have less and less time on my hands, especially with enlisting soon. Though, it'd be intriguing to show up some pictures with my trusty MobilePro 790 in various places.. :P
 Top of the page
HPC:Fan Page Icon Posted 2011-10-12 1:07 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Paspie - 2011-10-11 3:58 PM

What ever happened to mypalmtop.info Solidus? The site's just not there anymore.

Not to derail the thread, but the forum I had was being slowly attacked by spammers. I switched over to a hosted Wordpress site which you should see now by going to mypalmtop.info. But I rarely update it and may very well remove it all.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12